• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak 1/25/13

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Time Skied: 9:30-5:15
Conditions: Packed powder, chopped powder (at night), and scraped off ice in spots
Weather: AM/PM: Upper teens, snow

Had a nice day at on of AZ's favorite mountains!:lol: Flurries started right as I took my first ride up at 9:30. This quickly developed into a light snow. Lapped the front diamonds most of the day. After 3 the snow really started to fly. Crowds cleared, and a good day turned into a great night. Fluffy moguls formed on Whitetail. The sound of skis scraping on ice faded as the snow fell. There was 2-3 inches by the time I left the hill. They're reporting 4-5 inches today.

DSCF2487.jpg
Snow day!

sf77

I bet that six pack really helped with the crowds early on. Seems like the new snow made the day even better! :-D

fahz

Skied from 3-9:30 that night. No lines & it kept snowing all evening. Enjoyed lapping trails over & over!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Skied from 3-9:30 that night. No lines & it kept snowing all evening. Enjoyed lapping trails over & over!

Did you catch Exhibition after they dropped the rope? Patrol had it roped off since the morning for race practice and they forgot to drop it:lol:. I kept looking at the trail entrance every time I rode the Berkshire, and sure enough, it was dropped by 4:30. It was awesome.

fahz

Our first run was down Upper Whirlaway or Upper Exhibition to Lower Exhibition they had race fence up on the lower portion. Very nice run. Then Whitetail not as good bottom third had some places the snow would not stay on at all. Then everything was roped off so we missed Jerico & Wild Turkey etc.