• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak March 11th....AZ Southern Outing

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Time to get started on the AZ southern outing. My first choice would be Jiminy Peak for the location of a southern outing since it has a nice central location.
If you have other ideas please feel free to add. Berkshire East might be another good spot.
Late Feb or early March would be an ideal time to ski the Berks with nice deep bases.
Again, please feel free to add other dates that work well for people. If you want to come, please post ideas or anything else that relates to this trip..Should be a fun time.

Greg

Staff member
I'd like to attend, but will need to play it by ear. Any weekday except Fridays would work best. I think Jiminy is a great option, especially on a weekday, but certainly do not plan anything on my account as my attendance will depend on home life... ;)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
I'd like to attend, but will need to play it by ear. Any weekday except Fridays would work best. I think Jiminy is a great option, especially on a weekday, but certainly do not plan anything on my account as my attendance will depend on home life... ;)
I agree that a weekday would work best so the crowds would be low. However, I am not sure that most people will be able to do a midweek trip but I am all for trying.

thetrailboss

Staff member
We did BEast last year and it was fun. Good location IMHO. Midweek will be tough for me.

Vortex

Mid week Friday or Monday I might make. It would have to be after March 6th if I went. Az race has my time know. Same hear don't count on me I'll come if I can.

loafer89

Midweek for me is next to impossible since I am taking a full week off for Presidents week skiing.

I have to work on weekends except for this Month, February 11-12th and March 4-5th. New York would also be a good idea, with skiing at Belleayre, Plattekill, or Hunter.

JimG.

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Can everybody do a weekend in late Feb or early March?

In my case, only at Hunter...2 of my boys are in seasonal programs and that's where we need to be on Sat/Sun.

Weekdays are more or less wide open.

bvibert

Staff member
I'd like to go, the only days I have open right now are Mon, Fri, and Sun though...

Jiminy would be good since I've never been. I'd like to hit the BEast again with some more coverage too though...

bvibert

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Looks like half like midweek and half like weekends :-?

IIRC that was about how it broke down for the BEast trip last year... :-?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not really unless it happened to be a day I had no class or unless it was the week after President's Week when I'm on break.

BeanoNYC

I have to wait a few weeks to see what direction the healing process of my shoulder is going. Once I cross that hurdle, as a teacher, I can ski on any school holiday or weekend.

Thanks for the PM, Dave, I didn't see this thread.

jct

I'd love to come this year, most days are possible with notice. (self employed) Never been to Jiminy, plenty of time spent at the beast though. Keep me posted...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
My vote would go for Plattekill. But after JimG straightened me out on Hunter, I could consider that :lol: . Weekend would work best for me, but I would consider a weekend. I wanted to make the outing to Burke last year, but missed out cause I had a previous engagement, so would love to make it this year.

thetrailboss

Staff member
andyzee said:
I wanted to make the outing to Burke last year, but missed out cause I had a previous engagement, so would love to make it this year.

As said in this room, a Burke tour awaits you whenever you desire...simple PM to me :wink:

Catul

I'm definitely up for this, would love to do Jiminy Peak. Weekends are typically the only option for me...