• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K 11/25....

Tin

Drove up with Mishka to demo some of his custom skis and get the legs ready. The skis were by far the highlight of the day. The rain and sudden overnight temperature drop led to frozen/hard packed carnage. Lower East Fall was closed after they groomed it, looked like it would be like skiing porcelain. After a trip up K1 and around the Ridge area a few times we went down to Snowdon where we found the same conditions. Not even loose stuff on the sides. Ended up heading over to Superstar and lapping it about a dozen+ times. Upper Skyelark to Bittersweet had some better conditions and far far left side had lots of loose granular zip on.

The entire mountain including Mouse Trap was groomed and even with temps in the 40s it was hard all day. The rain and warm temps really hurt them as they lost 6-7 trails including lower Skyelark which had the remnants of some bumps on it. Even the areas that have been pounded with snow on North Ridge and Snowdon were showing dirt and thin spots. The top 20' Downdraft and the troughs were dirt. The guns will help resurface but it will get scrapped off quick with the crowds. They were lining up the guns on Cascade when we were riding K1 but not much ready near the Superstar area.

The seven moguls I found...
attachment.php

Upper Skyelark with Mishka
attachment.php

What's left of Skyelark...
attachment.php

A sad Superstar, just blowover from the top and from Launch Pad....
attachment.php

Attachments

• K7.jpg
    K7.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Upper Skyelark with Mishka.jpg
    Upper Skyelark with Mishka.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Lower Skyelark.jpg
    Lower Skyelark.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 231
  • SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 231

powhunter

Found some loose stuff on chute later in the day....Did lower East fall near the end of the day...Kinda hardpacked cord...Skye/Bitter had some loose stuff on the sides. Not the greatest day but a ski day....Should be 100% better in a few days

Steveo

powhunter

BTW did you guys happen to see the aircraft being refueled flying overhead? Pretty Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

BTW did you guys happen to see the aircraft being refueled flying overhead? Pretty Cool

Damn, missed that. We ended around 2. Was my first day out so the legs aren't ready for it. Glad lower East Fall opened up. Looked like glass around 1030. As long as there if loose stuff around the sides it can be a fun day in my book.

Savemeasammy

I'm still hoping for improvement for Sunday. I'd like to get out even if it isn't awesome.

Powhunter - if you are there in the coming days, especially Saturday, let me know how it is!

Tin

I'm still hoping for improvement for Sunday. I'd like to get out even if it isn't awesome.

Powhunter - if you are there in the coming days, especially Saturday, let me know how it is!

If youre going to get the legs ready and test the shoulder you'll find better conditions at Crotched or Pats with a lot less driving and people lol

Last edited: