• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K2 to start selling ski boots

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/20...nline+Ski+Magazine)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Seattle, WA - Since 1962, K2 has been building skis to meet the diverse needs of all-mountain skiers. Building from the ground up and applying the brand’s legacy and dedication from over five decades of skiing experience, K2 is unveiling a brand new ski boot collection for winter 2013-14.
The new eight-model ski boot collection, developed to complement K2’s All-Mountain and Freeride ski lines, is subdivided into two collections: an All-Mountain line, specifically designed for men and women, respectively, and a Freeride offering for men.

Click the link for more info .... I haven't personally skied on K2 skis since the late 90's. What's their reputation like nowadays?

skiNEwhere

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/20...nline+Ski+Magazine)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Click the link for more info .... I haven't personally skied on K2 skis since the late 90's. What's their reputation like nowadays?

I have the K2 Pontoon's (pow ski's), they are AMAZING. I forget how wide they are, but I'm pretty sure they've reached the limit of how wide a ski can be made. They are reverse camber too, really helps you float through pow. I'm not sure how there regular ski's are though.

Bumpsis

I am super happy with my K2 Apache raiders (78mm waist) that I've been using for the past 3 years. Very lively, responsive, stable at higher speeds,, quick from edge to edge, carve nicely, good in moguls, crud, trees. Didn't have the opprtunity to use them antyhing deeper that 4-5 inches of fresh, but they are wide enough so I'm sure they do OK here in anything that's not bottomless western powder. I'm just impressed with product.
Alas, I bought the a tad too short so I may give them to my older son when I can snag a deal on K2 AMP Chargers. If their new boots are made with the same commitment to performance and quality, I'm sure it will be a good product.