• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kids Pass Holder

SkiNorgy

Since we are into the ski year I'm trying to minimize the frustrations of my family on the ski slopes I'm looking for a pass holder for kids. My kids are constantly breaking their pass holders or can't get them out of their coats.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
SkiNorgy

gmcunni

go with seasonal rentals, less upfront $$ until you decide if the sport is for you. also, get a helmet for the kids.

SkiNorgy

Sorry if you think it's spam, I was just trying to get other peoples constructive opinions. I'm a parent with children and I was hoping to connect with other parents as well. It looks like I'm just dealing with children on this forum with responses like that.

o3jeff

go with seasonal rentals, less upfront $$ until you decide if the sport is for you. also, get a helmet for the kids.

Do you really think they have seasonal rentals for the thing he posted a link for to hold a seasons pass? It's only $7.99 to buy it outright.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sorry if you think it's spam, I was just trying to get other peoples constructive opinions. I'm a parent with children and I was hoping to connect with other parents as well. It looks like I'm just dealing with children on this forum with responses like that.

To be fair we get a lot of this on the site. People pop in and post a link to a product they create or are marketing under the guise of their target market. I'm still not sold on the fact that you aren't in fact the owner or an employee or a contractor of "Goggle Pocket". Only continued posting on your part would convince me otherwise.

But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

My .02. I bought a nice retractable pass holder for myself. The lanyard that they default give you at Wachusett blows behind my back and whips me in the face. I do get nervous on the lanyard as I have had them before (for a work ID) and I have lost those ID's before because of clasps failing.

I had an arm band last year; but that kept creeping down my arm and I had to continually adjust it.

I personally think they look ridiculous on goggles. I'd prefer to just have a clear sleeve that hung on a zipper or pull, but it seems difficult to find those (not that I have been looking that aggressively.

SkiNorgy

Nick,

Sorry, I was not trying to advertise anything on this forum, I shouldn't have put a link in my message. You are correct that I was on the Epic ski forum talking about the same thing but I didn't post a link on that site, someone else did. This has been a frustrating topic for me and I was just looking for more options. I know this isn't what people want to talk about so I'm going to drop it and move on, I don't want people to think I'm a spammer.

Fuller Wycliff

sometimes people just get off on the wrong foot and get labeled spammer when all they really are is passionate about a certain topic.

bobbutts

Since we are into the ski year I'm trying to minimize the frustrations of my family on the ski slopes I'm looking for a pass holder for kids. My kids are constantly breaking their pass holders or can't get them out of their coats.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
SkiNorgy

SkiNorgy, [URL="http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/kids-pass-holder.15286/"]Dec 10, 2012[/URL]
I order the Goggle Pocket item last week for my children and received them by the weekend. Since Colorado got some snow this weekend we went skiing on Sunday. The ski pass holder worked great and we didn't have any frustrated parents or children. Some of the lift operators thought it was the best way of displaying a pass they had seen for kids.

Thanks for everyone's help.

gmcunni

SkiNorgy, Dec 10, 2012
I order the Goggle Pocket item last week for my children and received them by the weekend. Since Colorado got some snow this weekend we went skiing on Sunday. The ski pass holder worked great and we didn't have any frustrated parents or children. Some of the lift operators thought it was the best way of displaying a pass they had seen for kids.

Thanks for everyone's help.

ah, looks like the divas fell for it

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ha. SkiNorgy, can you admit it now? I mean you are asking if the goggle pocket is any good, but yet ... you already own one. Hmmmm .... :)