• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 04/21/07-04/23/07

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Killington 04/21/07-04/23/07 with pics

Date(s) Skied: 4/21/07-4/23/07

Resort or Ski Area: Killington, VT

Conditions: Mashed Potatoes, nice big soft bumps, no powder

Trip Report: It was a great weekend of spring skiing. Kind of hard getting use to though. Up until last weekend we still had mid-winter conditions, all of the sudden, it's spring conditions, no in between. Damn, could even say it was summer conditions with the temps approching 80 degrees.

Saturday was sweet, we hit all parts of the mountain, and there was plenty open, 123 trails. Overall conditions were spring snow, nice and soft mashed potatoes, with bumps that just grew bigger and bigger by the minute. I was really enjoying the bumps when my legs didn't give out.

Quick highlights: For the first time ever we hit Flume, fun run, plenty of bumps with a bit of dirt poking through in spots. Hit Pipe Dream first thing before it had a chance to soften up too much. Never skied this trail as fast as I did on Saturday, snow was just like that, I was flying before I knew it. East Fall was nice bumps all weekend long. Same with Cascade, Superstar, Skyhawk, Skylark, well you get the picture a lot of bumps all over the place.

Sunday met up and skied with kingslug most of the day, hit Outer Limits for some really big, you guessed it, bumps :) Skylark was sweet, with bumps, damn, I even looked good on these soft puppies. We wound up doing a kzone BBQ and things were so good, I decided to call into work and take Monday off.

Monday was another repeat of the previous days, bumps :) . Both Sunday and Monday temps got into the 70s. When we left the mountain on Monday the temp in Rutland was 84. One problem with Monday was that there were less lifts open. Only the Superstar Quad and K1 gondola were running. But there were still plenty of trails to keep us busy. For pics got to http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=76

Last edited:

kingslug

We should have stayed a few more days. Temps down in the 40's and 50's, perfect corn weather. A very good time had by all.