• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12/03/06

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Short and not so sweet. Got there about 8:30, Gondi had a line so we took the Snowdon Triple up, snow guns blowing like crazy everywhere. Cut across Killink to the North Ridge/Glades Triple, lift was closed, I was told it would reopen in about a 1/2 hour. We took Great Northern back to KBL, lots of bumps, people and even some rocks poking through, it was evident how much the snow had melted throughout the week. By the time we got back to KBL, me an V decided to call it a day. We figured we had a whole season ahead of us and didn't want to risk injury. We got back to the parking lot and it was closed at 9:40. If K is able to blow all week, it should be great by next week, saw that they were already starting to blow on Ramshead and they are supposed to start on Snowshed, so that should help a lot. I'll post some pics a bit later.

Last edited:

roark

No wonder I didn't see you. Got there about 8:30 , did laps on the glades triple once it opened. Got nicely bumped up. Met up with Dork, Snowprincess, then Ty & son, Laser, Eski. Had some decent laps. Very busy. Moving gates....

cool to meet up with some of the KZoners.

Too much wine AZ?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
No wonder I didn't see you. Got there about 8:30 , did laps on the glades triple once it opened. Got nicely bumped up. Met up with Dork, Snowprincess, then Ty & son, Laser, Eski. Had some decent laps. Very busy. Moving gates....

cool to meet up with some of the KZoners.

Too much wine AZ?

Nah, was a good boy the night before, only a couple of glasses. Just didn't like the conditions and figured we have a whole season ahead of us. If the glades triple had been open when we got there, at least would have done a few laps there, but it wasn't.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
"Had some decent laps"...."at least would have done a few laps there"

Help an old guy keep with the latest terminology. To me you do laps in a pool, run laps around a track....the repeated going back and forth over the same lane. It seems to have become an often used term in snowsports.

So is it skiing/riding up and down the same trail from the top of the lift to the bottom? Up and down diferent trails but off of the same lift? If someone did the snowplow thus skiing/riding slowly..is that lapping? or you have to ski the runs pretty fast to be consider a lapper? what's the deal? Thanks

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
"Had some decent laps"...."at least would have done a few laps there"

Help an old guy keep with the latest terminology. To me you do laps in a pool, run laps around a track....the repeated going back and forth over the same lane. It seems to have become an often used term in snowsports.

So is it skiing/riding up and down the same trail from the top of the lift to the bottom? Up and down diferent trails but off of the same lift? If someone did the snowplow thus skiing/riding slowly..is that lapping? or you have to ski the runs pretty fast to be consider a lapper? what's the deal? Thanks

I don't know, I'm probably older than you and just trying to sound hip :) But, I did mean doing whatever trails were open from that lift, probably multiple times each ;)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Pics from today can be found here: http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=54

Not K's fault, they were doing there best and if the weather holds up, conditions should be great by next week. Here's some samples:

normal_PC030016.JPG
normal_PC030017.JPG

normal_PC030019.JPG
normal_PC030013.JPG

2knees

whats with the dudes in the neon yellow coats? are they like crossing guards?