• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 2/6 & 2/7, Magic 2/9.

C-Rex

What a weekend!! Thursday night I went up to a friend's family's house in Springfield, VT. We had around 25 people coming up to ski, ride, and party.

However, most had to work friday so it was just a group of 4 going to Killy that day. The snow was fantastic. I never heard an edge scrape the whole day. We bounced around the place but settled in at Ramshead and lapped the Squeezeplay glades. 2 of our group were intermediates so they appreciated the low angle and openness. We found plenty of fresh lines to claim and really just had a blast all day.

Saturday was the busiest day I've ever seen at a mountain. We had partied pretty hard Friday night so we arrived late, around 10:30. Ramshead, Snowshed, and K1 lots were all packed full so we had to park on the access road. I tried to get our group to go to Pico but they wouldn't listen, so K-mart it was. We started at Snowshed so the beginners could hang there. The rest of us bounced around trying to avoid super long lines, but it was useless. The K1 gondi was an hour wait at one point. We ended up back at Ramshead. For most of the day the line was reasonable. After like 2:00 it was just as bad as the rest.

More partying ensued Saturday night and we all got up Sunday, helped clean, and headed home. I was home for a couple hours, recovering, when my friend called and asked if I wanted to go riding on Monday for my B-day. He offered to drive and it was dumping, so how could I say no? We linked up with a 3rd friend and went up to Magic. It was effing epic! Deep, like thigh deep, in the woods. No lines and free refills on fresh tracks. The lift lines were super fun. I've never bombed steeps/cliffs like that before and felt so comfortable doing it. We rode till 3 and my legs were wet noodles. I could not have asked for a better birthday. Day 14 on the books and looking forward to day 15 on friday with a potential lady friend. Life is good! 8)

4aprice

Sounds like a good time minus the lines!

Good and Bad dlague. We want healthy ski areas - lines good. Waiting and crowded trails - lines bad. The bright side - tourist season is almost over, school and town spring sports about to begin, the best part of the season is on the horizon.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

C-Rex

Good and Bad dlague. We want healthy ski areas - lines good. Waiting and crowded trails - lines bad. The bright side - tourist season is almost over, school and town spring sports about to begin, the best part of the season is on the horizon.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I love when everyone else hangs up their skis and boards. There's usually a few good snows left and then plenty of spring action after that. With all this snow, the spring should be excellent. I can't wait to ride in a t-shirt and drink lunchtime beers in the sun. But for now, MORE POWDER!!!

C-Rex

Life is good, eh? :D

Ya know, dude, now that I think about it, life has been REAL good lately. :beer:

I just made plans to go to Mount Snow on Friday with a girl I haven't met yet but have been talking to. She's cute, loves snowboarding on a level similar as I do, rides bikes, hikes, camps, and checks off several other boxes on the Dream Girl List. I must say, I'm pretty stoked. So stoked, in fact, that I'm actually using the word "stoked". Brah.

Puck it

Bro Bro.

OrneryGentleFrogmouth.gif