• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 4/5/08

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: April 5th 2008 11:00-4:00

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: Corn...Lots of fog early then Sun

Trip Report: WOW...What a day. Love the corn... Hit OL,Devils fiddle and left with a huge core shot but lots of run with huge rocks to hit off of. OL had a seeded course and huge hero bumps on skiers left. Big dipper was real sweet with great hero bumps. Snowdon was real nice as well. All the natural trails are skiing real well. I will let the pics say the rest.

OL seeded run

k061.jpg

Devils Fiddle

k060.jpg

k059.jpg

k058.jpg

k057.jpg

OL Bumps
k056.jpg

k055.jpg

Big Dipper

k052.jpg

k051.jpg

k050.jpg

powderfreak

There is nothing better than Devils Fiddle in the spring-time. Nothing.

Thanks for the pictures and bringing back childhood memories of the Fiddle in April!

-Scott

Greg

Staff member
Fiddle lookin' rad! Nice!

Beast_Ed

Website
youtube.com
It was awesome - great pic's dude! It started out wicked cloudy but the sun broke and we had terrific spring conditions. Temp was about mid-40's and perfect - not too hot and not icy at all. Oh, and it was completely empty too with hardly anyone at the resort.

Best mogul trails were:
- Outer Limits
- Lower Fiddle
- Needle's Eye
- Liftline
- Escapade
- Upper Royal Flush

Here's Kev on Needle's and me on Liftline:
Kev -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbguCqMlZg
Bryan -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7urLCSLLNE0

deadheadskier

Staff member
We are unlearning at the moment .. here is us 14 years ago: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hG2m_ALc1VI

Bro,

Watching your vids, you seriously rip just as well today as you did back then. Impressive stuff.

And on a side note. I still have never gotton what knee pads are for while skiing bumps. Is it to accentuate in appearance a tight stance? I really don't get it. No offense to your knee pads Beast_Ed, I'm just looking for an answer as to why people where them.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Bro,

Watching your vids, you seriously rip just as well today as you did back then. Impressive stuff.

And on a side note. I still have never gotton what knee pads are for while skiing bumps. Is it to accentuate in appearance a tight stance? I really don't get it. No offense to your knee pads Beast_Ed, I'm just looking for an answer as to why people where them.

I could see needing the knee pads when begging for another day off for spring skiing.

Beast_Ed

Website
youtube.com
With some sort of design across the knees it is easier to see the angulation and absorption/extension involved with good technical mogul skiing. This is helpful really for just competition; so the judges can see you and compare you to another guy. But for just skiing around, having a flashy knee pad design is just for bragging rights when others see you from the chairlift.

I am diggin the incognito approach these days .. nothing flashy and still skiing on my old school Vertical Assault boards .. you probably laugh at me in the liftline but then just wait .. :)