• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

killington 5/27/06

skiadikt

superstar had nothing worth skiing so we did a couple runs on bear mtn at killington saturday. the outer limits run was about 700-800 ft (maybe 200 vert ft). we did 2 runs on outer limits and a run on the remnants of the half pipe (lower dreamaker). definitely worth it. sweet corn. skied in shorts & a t-shirt. next year i'm wearing head-to-toe armor. the black flies were brutal.

SkiDog

SWEET....at least someone made some turns up there THIS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND...what ever happened to the Memorial Day Weekend "triathalon" they used to hold??? Hmmmmmm thanks ASC..Grrrrrrrr

M

skiadikt

SkiDog said:
SWEET....at least someone made some turns up there THIS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND...what ever happened to the Memorial Day Weekend "triathalon" they used to hold??? Hmmmmmm thanks ASC..Grrrrrrrr

M

it was a ghost town up there this weekend. not even doing the mtn bike thing yet. they don't start that until july 1. used to be memorial weekend. what's up w/ wanting to be a 4 season resort. guess spring doesn't count as a season. i remember good weather/good snow memorial weekends when the place was packed. gone are the days ...

SkiDog

skiadikt said:
it was a ghost town up there this weekend. not even doing the mtn bike thing yet. they don't start that until july 1. used to be memorial weekend. what's up w/ wanting to be a 4 season resort. guess spring doesn't count as a season. i remember good weather/good snow memorial weekends when the place was packed. gone are the days ...

its a shame...I wouldve been there too using my condo this past weekend had it not been for a friends kids 1st bday party...who plans that for a holiday weekend? Again..Grrrrrrr... ;-)

M

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bankers don't think that May is a month for skiing. :roll: Ironic considering that Preston Smith et al made it one. Shows where their priorities are I guess.