• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

killington glades

gladerider

looking to hit up k-mart this saturday for the first time in 2 decades, meaning, i don't really remember anything.
any glades recommendations i shouldn't miss?

thanks in advance

gladerider

I hope some glades are open.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

twinplanx

Julio & Anarchy are two that come to mind. I don't know the place that much better than you. But J/A are on the map & up at the peak, so good chance of coverage.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

gladerider

Their trail report shows no glades open today. 10" base. Wow that sux. Big damages from the thaw I guess.

Tin

Their trail report shows no glades open today. 10" base. Wow that sux. Big damages from the thaw I guess.

But they reported 15" last weekend. lol

I'm sure there is enough snow in some of the areas on Snowdon given the combination of snowmaking, natural, and wind. We were in trees there in late November because of the amount that had blown off East Fall, Bunny Buster and others.

gladerider

That's good to know Tin. Thanx.

bdfreetuna

The woods won't be open Saturday.

If that doesn't bother you, some of them will definitely be skiable. The woods on Killington peak and Skye peak will have plenty of base and I would expect they'll ski nicely. Killington makes huge snowmaking clouds in those regions and some of these woods do get a decent amount of second hand man made snow.

The woods next to Superstar might even be decent because so much snow guns.

If you want the woods to be wide open I think it's going to take another week.

Tin

I know they got some, but not the reported 15". Someone on here reported 7-8" which would make me venture in.

Highway Star

Prepare to hit stumps, rocks, logs and misc snow snakes. There really is very little hard base in the woods to lock things up. Most of the snow up there is compressible, you will hit bottom and run into stuff.

SLOWSNO

Im going to Killington for my first time ever this weekend 1/31-2/2. Any suggestions on what parts of the mountain may be less crowded? What your favorite peak? Last week at Stratton was painful, so many people, spent more time on line for the lift than actually riding.