• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Officially Announces Sale of Resort, New Superstar 6 Pack, New Skyeship Cabins, $30 Million of Investments

NYDB

Probably only have to use the stairs for last 2-3 weeks. make it to mid-late may. People should be fine with that. Although I may be misunderestimating k zone spring nutters displeasures.

thebigo

Looking forward to spring in the canyon, every year I say it is my last with a spring pass but dont want to miss this one. May also be some bonus south ridge days if construction starts before skye/bear close.

Newpylong

As the historical closing dates for both SS and Cascade/Downdraft prior have shown, the WC ice phenomena has very little impact in the end. Mother nature plays the biggest role.

The main problem with Downdraft is while the aspect is better than Double Dip, it's harder to make snow on due to narrowness and only ground guns. My guess is all those trails will get substantial snow made on them but Double Dip will get the full court press.

I'm kinda thrilled by the prospects SS has gotten boring IMHO.

Last edited:

letitsnow1

I think it will be a nice change for a year, but I'm more excited for next year's early season rollout if they don't host the world cup