• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington vs Sundayriver

moguler6

I'd expect Killington lights up a good chunk of Snowdon this evening and blows through the weekend. They HAVE to be T2B by Saturday. I don't mind the peak stairway when it's the only option, but with this many resorts open now, it's unacceptable. If the Snowdon quad, and poma don't come on line this weekend also, I will be disappointed in Killington.

Smellytele

I'd expect Killington lights up a good chunk of Snowdon this evening and blows through the weekend. They HAVE to be T2B by Saturday. I don't mind the peak stairway when it's the only option, but with this many resorts open now, it's unacceptable. If the Snowdon quad, and poma don't come on line this weekend also, I will be disappointed in Killington.

T2b maybe - snowdon quad and poma maybe be a stretch.

skifree

Killington Snowplan
The temperatures are running below forecasted as we complete a quality re-surf of Upper Great Northern, Reason, Upper Double Dipper, Rime and Upper East Fall. Through the day today and early evening the crews will "light" snow guns down through the West Glade area, Killink, Rim Run, Upper Bunny, Upper Mouse, Middle Chute and Lower Bunny to the K1 Gondola load area. The goal is to have a re-surfaced upper mountain with expanded terrain on Snowdon and a connection to the K1 by Saturday weather permitting. Once connected infill and expansion production will continue in the Snowdon area.
With the significant purchase of additional low energy snowguns this summer we are able to re-surf and expand with a reduced air plant. Everyone wins!!
Jeff Temple

moguler6

That's what I figured. They've turned on the guns for the North ridge T2B route plus a couple trails on top of Snowdon. With a 36 hour window until the weekend, there will be another lift spinning this Saturday.

Tin

This weekend last year they had over 30 trails opened including Superstar Headwall, Skyelark/Hawk, Downdraft, East Fall-Runout, and most of Snowdon. What a difference a year can make.

moguler6

This weekend last year they had over 30 trails opened including Superstar Headwall, Skyelark/Hawk, Downdraft, East Fall-Runout, and most of Snowdon. What a difference a year can make.

They don't even have chairs on the Superstar quad cable yet.

Smellytele

Killington Snowplan
The temperatures are running below forecasted as we complete a quality re-surf of Upper Great Northern, Reason, Upper Double Dipper, Rime and Upper East Fall. Through the day today and early evening the crews will "light" snow guns down through the West Glade area, Killink, Rim Run, Upper Bunny, Upper Mouse, Middle Chute and Lower Bunny to the K1 Gondola load area. The goal is to have a re-surfaced upper mountain with expanded terrain on Snowdon and a connection to the K1 by Saturday weather permitting. Once connected infill and expansion production will continue in the Snowdon area.
With the significant purchase of additional low energy snowguns this summer we are able to re-surf and expand with a reduced air plant. Everyone wins!!
Jeff Temple

I hope this comes to be as I may head there Sunday

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I'd say Snowdon for Saturday is a long shot. As of this morning, there was no snow below the bottom of Mouse Trap and the connector trails from the North Ridge to and from Snowdon was bare, too. Sunday is a better chance.

moguler6

They don't even have chairs on the Superstar quad cable yet.

They got the chairs on quick. Yesterday afternoon there was no chairs on the line and now the web cam shows all the chairs on and spinning/testing.

Tin

Wish they would blow on Conclusion or Double Dipper for some steep bumps. They don't even have the couple hundred foot section of Downdraft under K1 open.

SIKSKIER

OK,I'll bite.Can the beast really be considered first open even with daily operations with skiing only up top while others have t2b already?Fire away.