• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

killington

bryanjagoe

headed up to killington for the first time this suday. any tips for some steep cruisers, glades, and any information on how to avoid/navigate the crowds on their expansive lift system ?

MidnightJester

I have 2 good ones for you to start with . Know this much from my 6 times there. Get away from Base lodge level Lifts and get to Mid mountain Lifts. Try to loop them on Weekends since crowds are bad at lodge level. There is a great slightly off triail "Drinking,smiling,chilling" location. Coopers Lodge that is atop the Killington peak off the top of Canyon Quad heading towards ridge run there is a trail off skiiers left into woods with rope.. GO there if you have some glade/black skill. Its 1/4 to 1/2 mile in maybe. check it out its not a steep run just little tight. Its a Night camping tail lodge on top of the moutain just off the course but oooooo so right to stop and take a break....

MidnightJester

For Coopers If you are not sure or alone you can watch the trail entrance with the rope for not even 10 minutes. I would be surpried if you didnt see one or more duck the rope and go in... What you find is a valuable addition to killington knowlege and lore. Pass it on to the right people : )~i~ let it snow let it snow let it snow.

moguler6

Avoid K1 gondola and skye peak express, by far the busiest lifts. Canyon, needles eye, superstar, and bear mountain quads are the only lifts I use. bear can get long if its a busy day.

Bene288

Don't get stuck at Ramshead. It's all beginner terrain and usually has a pretty long line. I'd get to the Bear Mountain and surrounding areas and stay there.

Gilligan

Killington is huge. Do not plan to stay in just 1 or 2 areas. Half the fun is moving around and exploring. Different areas often have different micro-climates. Spring conditions on Devils Fiddle are often still Winter on Cascade. At K, you can usually go from one area to the other without much time wasted traversing. As others have said, just avoid the K1 gondola, Skye Peak Express Quad and Ramshead Quad from about 10am to noon. Being Sunday, everything should be fine after that. Even a "massive" line on the SPE normally only clocks at about 10 minutes - much less for a single. Killington absorbs the crowds very well.