• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

cdskier

any of you catch the latest drama on the skiology facebook?

the self-appointed 'queen of the catskills' who skins hunter like 75 days a season (sisyphus torture in my opinion) stayed at a BNB near killington, somehow found out the proprietor is a sex offender, apparently not properly registered, and she's made multiple posts and contacted vt authorities and generally engaged the facebook pitchfork mob

now i am not here defending sex offenders, and a sex offender operating a bed and breakfast out of their home is problematic. that being said, the entire skiology facebook mob approach to this topic strikes me as weird and gross. i also think its weird the 'celebrity' that this girl has cultivated for herself on this very weird corner of the internet.

So much weird drama in that group. I usually just skim the posts very quickly and move on. I did catch that one though (even though I usually skip the queen's posts in general because I find them highly annoying and don't understand the cult following she has). Weird way to handle that situation, although I can understand wanting to share the experience as a warning to others. Certainly disturbing that a sex offender owns/runs a B&B though... That's just fucking creepy and scary...

KustyTheKlown

i dont disagree really. i just think that as someone who has a platform (weird as fuck, but she does, thousands of people admire her on that group), she should use it more responsibly and not unleash facebook mobs, even on 'questionable' people. contact the authorities, fine. leave a review on google/yelp, fine. engage a mob, not fine.

drjeff

any of you catch the latest drama on the skiology facebook?

the self-appointed 'queen of the catskills' who skins hunter like 75 days a season (sisyphus torture in my opinion) stayed at a BNB near killington, somehow found out the proprietor is a sex offender, apparently not properly registered, and she's made multiple posts and contacted vt authorities and generally engaged the facebook pitchfork mob

now i am not here defending sex offenders, and a sex offender operating a bed and breakfast out of their home is problematic. that being said, the entire skiology facebook mob approach to this topic strikes me as weird and gross. i also think its weird the 'celebrity' that this girl has cultivated for herself on this very weird corner of the internet.
Challenging the expressed view of "Lord Skiology" last November when he predicted the snowmakers at K wouldn't be able to make enough snow for the worldcup officials to green light the races (basically his forecast of the snowmaking temps the awesome crew at K had to work with was wrong by a few degrees and the K guys, as we know, got the job done), and then me posting the notice that Superstar had passed snowcontrol was apparently enough for him to ban me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

Much less drama, even at the height of some of our AZ rants, and frankly some members with far better forecasting skills than his interpretation of the various weather service summary statements were.

And when you have a few cult skiology followers, unfortunately there's likely some underlying stuff, beyond a love of skiing, that can enter into the equationfrom time to time, especially in this era of social media mob mentality to get the dopamine rush that group acknowledgement provides some

cdskier

lol they are making it paid?

i think that just means they'll have more cultists and less people like us who lurk it. i wouldn't pay for that shit.

also, she made, or someone made, 'queen of the catskills' t-shirts. wtf.

I don't think the group itself is becoming paid...just the content (aka "weather" posts) are moving to either a paid website or a restricted group. Although if the entire group becomes paid that's fine with me too. I won't really miss it or his "I'm always right and anyone that disagrees with me gets banned" attitude. He doesn't have the amazing "proprietary" info that his worshipers think he does. His "accuracy" is so laughable as well. His initial "forecast" can be substantially different from his final "forecast" posted minutes before a storm starts and yet he will brag about how "dead-on" he was simply because his final forecast was right. Such a stupid mentality. Honestly curious to see how many people that said they'd be willing to "pay" for his content really follow through with that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It shocks me that anyone would give that clown their money. I follow it for the pictures and the occasional shared content from other more reputable sources. I don't think I've ever responded to a thread on there. Certainly held my tongue / fingers for calling out the idiocy plenty of times.

cdskier

It shocks me that anyone would give that clown their money. I follow it for the pictures and the occasional shared content from other more reputable sources. I don't think I've ever responded to a thread on there. Certainly held my tongue / fingers for calling out the idiocy plenty of times.
I've responded a couple times. Mainly to correct something that was blatantly wrong info (like a couple weeks ago when he said Stowe had dropped the exception for carpooling being exempt from the paid parking fee even though it was clearly still mentioned on their website on the parking details page).

NYDB

Webcam is looking pretty bleak. Gonna be a lot of walking involved if they are able to reopen.
going to be mostly walking by tommorow. I think its done based on a couple of pics I've seen around the web from this AM.

after the headwall patch there will be a 200 yard hike to get to the next patch. and there is another 24hrs to melt out.

I can't see it.

JimG.

Staff member
Just goes to show that nowadays it pays big time to ski/fish more and read less if not at all.

They used to say the TV will rot your brain.
i dont disagree really. i just think that as someone who has a platform (weird as fuck, but she does, thousands of people admire her on that group), she should use it more responsibly and not unleash facebook mobs, even on 'questionable' people. contact the authorities, fine. leave a review on google/yelp, fine. engage a mob, not fine.

BodeMiller1

Hi,
Anything good happening as far as: new glades, earth moving, lift improvements and that kind of thing?

I'm out of the Killington Loop it this can't stand. : > }

BodeMiller1

I've responded a couple times. Mainly to correct something that was blatantly wrong info (like a couple weeks ago when he said Stowe had dropped the exception for carpooling being exempt from the paid parking fee even though it was clearly still mentioned on their website on the parking details page).
Good to know.

Merci

BodeMiller1

Looks like Super Star could hold a race today. :cool: Butt, we all know when you carry speed you tear it up.

How I wish, how I wish I was there...

chuckstah

Fun day, pretty beat up snow by last run at one

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_125311124.jpg
    IMG_20220604_125311124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20220604_125305160.jpg
    IMG_20220604_125305160.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46

icecoast1

Just goes to show that nowadays it pays big time to ski/fish more and read less if not at all.

They used to say the TV will rot your brain.
Life is a lot better when you turn off the news and social media... Definitely a lot of truth in that old saying