• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

urungus

Heading there tomorrow. Does Canyon Quad run on Mondays ? Will my group of 2 be forced to share gondola cabin / Snowdon 6-pack with strangers ?

skiur

Canyon had been running Mondays most of the year, I'd expect it to run tomorrow. You will not be forced to ride with anybody, u can ride the bubble by yourself if you want.

ThatGuy

Heading there tomorrow. Does Canyon Quad run on Mondays ? Will my group of 2 be forced to share gondola cabin / Snowdon 6-pack with strangers ?
Gondi theyโ€™ll send up singles since itโ€™s enclosed. Snowdon they may do a single on the opposite side, but you could say youโ€™d rather ride your own. Not sure if Canyon will be running.

skierinri

Gondi theyโ€™ll send up singles since itโ€™s enclosed. Snowdon they may do a single on the opposite side, but you could say youโ€™d rather ride your own. Not sure if Canyon will be running.
Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s different on weekdays, but both the 6 and gondola have signs stating they may load 2 singles together. Unfortunately the sign wasnโ€™t until I was in line for 10 minutes for the gondola, I would have not ridden it if I knew that. I have no problem riding the 6 with an unmasked stranger, but not on the gondola.

skierinri

Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s different on weekdays, but both the 6 and gondola have signs stating they may load 2 singles together. Unfortunately the sign wasnโ€™t until I was in line for 10 minutes for the gondola, I would have not ridden it if I knew that. I have no problem riding the 6 with an unmasked stranger, but not on the gondola.
They donโ€™t ask if you mind pairing up like everywhere else this winter, they just call 2 singles up.

cdskier

They donโ€™t ask if you mind pairing up like everywhere else this winter, they just call 2 singles up.
They asked me every time I was there, could be because they were weekdays.

I have a limited point of reference, but the one day I was there (a weekday a few weeks ago), they just called 2 singles up for both the K1 and Snowdon 6-pack without asking if you mind.

ThatGuy

I have a limited point of reference, but the one day I was there (a weekday a few weeks ago), they just called 2 singles up for both the K1 and Snowdon 6-pack without asking if you mind.
Guess @urungus will find out. I personally donโ€™t mind sharing the lift but I bet if he said he didnโ€™t feel comfortable theyโ€™d let him get his own.

skiur

I've got over 30 days at K this year and have not been forced to ride the bubble with someone I did not want to. I haven't rode a gondola so can't comment on that but I have rode the bubble single without an issue.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Snow is good. Became manky at 230 and that's when I bailed.

Storm is a huge win for the mountain. The new snow is sticking around better than I thought it would. I thought it'd be back to bare ground by this afternoon but that is far from the case. More snow Wednesday?

urungus

Had a pretty good day today. Got there mid-day and did not have to share six pack or gondola cabin with anyone, 6 pack was ski on when I was there and maybe 5-10 cabin wait for the gondola. Unfortunately as @Smellytele mentioned Canyon Quad was not running, the run out wasnโ€™t in good shape so that would have helped.

Went down (I hesitate to use the term โ€œskiiedโ€) Catwalk for first time ever.

9B885369-14EB-4A04-A067-25FEA48C26D3.jpeg

โ€œThin Coverโ€

E36E545A-F9DA-4413-A01F-9F3C4120542F.jpeg

B224C594-6157-41CE-84E2-2AD64441845A.jpeg

Looks like it is closed now. With better coverage, it would be my new favorite trail at Killington. Wonderfully framed view at the top of the trail, narrow twisty and steep.

Lapped the North Ridge Quad for a while. Ridge Run starting to show some bare spots, wonโ€™t be open much longer. Power line roped off by the time I got there. Lower East Fall also closed.

Good coverage on the Snowdon mogul field, I think it used to be called โ€œMouse Trapโ€. Did that a few times and got tired out pushing through the heavy snow.

Not sure Superstar is going to make to June this year:

CD1B8911-AFD1-4D89-9453-5C43AE3D6F30.jpeg

skimagic

Good job on Catwalk. I was going to do it as a firstie also, but I was too spent hackin around on the tele gear in thus awesome spring day. . I wishcayon was running, cascade was great but, the mud slog was a two and done for me. Was fun and everyone was having a great time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_114546478.jpg
    IMG_20210419_114546478.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210419_115029317.jpg
    IMG_20210419_115029317.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

Smellytele

Well today was not the sunny day I was expecting. Although it never really rained it was cloudy all day and did sprinkle off and on.
superstar lift didnโ€™t open until 11:30. Skiing north ridge and Snowden was quite boring. Did cutover and skied superstar once but that trek across grows old after 50 feet.
after 11:30 just skied off the superstar lift until we left around 2:30. Never skied the canyon area as the slog out did not look appetizing from the bottom of the chair. Did ski top of ovation and that was fun.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Well today was not the sunny day I was expecting. Although it never really rained it was cloudy all day and did sprinkle off and on.
superstar lift didnโ€™t open until 11:30. Skiing north ridge and Snowden was quite boring. Did cutover and skied superstar once but that trek across grows old after 50 feet.
after 11:30 just skied off the superstar lift until we left around 2:30. Never skied the canyon area as the slog out did not look appetizing from the bottom of the chair. Did ski top of ovation and that was fun.

Honestly given the March torch and complete lack of snow that month I'm shocked we're still skiing on anything outside of the Superstar pod this weekend. It gets cold tonight and the next couple nights along with a rain/snow event which should be a net gain. Even Sunday looks like it will be another mostly snow event. Very impressive turnaround. All things considered April has been very dry and just a handful of days in the 60s and 70s. Terrain-wise we're skiing on what we normally would be doing in a good year. I remember 2 or 3 springs ago they were just down to the Superstar quad and a trail off of Snowdon at this time. The big hill on Route 100 between the Skyeship and the Killington access road had large spots which were washed out.

If Sunday can stay mostly snow I think they could run the K1 in May, which is quite rare.

Online lift ticket sales are available weekends til May 31st. That's clearly an error as that is not happening this year save for Yellowstone erupting and we get another ice age. But as of a couple weeks ago they were only selling through the first weekend in May, so maybe it's a good sign?