• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Red Sox!!

FRITOLAYGUY

good pitching duel so far, dice k aggrivates the hell outta me with walks and when he works out of the stretch he loses some off his fastball which makes for a bad combo

Mildcat

Usually when ive gone to games here in april id say it was 70-30 redsox fans, tonite it was more like 65-35 rays fans, bandwagon jumpers

Yeah I bet you didn't see any old worn out Rays jerseys or hats. Probably all brand new with the tags still on.

FRITOLAYGUY

If the old beckett shows up today that would be nice, im still thinking hes not 100% so this might not go so well tonite. The offense is really struggling, missing lowells bat, were not gonna throw shutouts everytime

deadheadskier

Staff member
As soon as they brought in Timlin I knew the game was over. Captain of the bullpen or not, he's washed up and should not have been on the Post season roster. Grateful for all he's done over the past five years, but it's time for him to be a coach.

FRITOLAYGUY

as pissed as i was last nite, if u told me i would get a split in tampa and have lester pitching game 3 at home i would have been ok with it last week, but they reallly coulda took control of this series last nite.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I still believe Beckett is hurt even if he doesn't feel it ... I don't expect much from him for the rest of the playoffs... He should have been pulled after the fourth inning ..

definitely

Tito needs to put his Ace's pride aside and make the right call for the team. Outside of Timlin, the bullpen was lights out on Saturday. Had he been pulled in the fourth, the Sox could've won 8-5 and have a commanding two games to zero lead coming home. I hope Francona learned a lesson

ComeBackMudPuddles

I have upped my standards, so up yours...

[Momentary break from this painful (for me, a Yanks fan) thread:

OSME, just curious, and you might have already addressed this, but are you telling people in your signature that you've upped your posting standards so they should too, or are you telling people that you've upped your standards so they should go F themselves? Or, is it both? Either way, I like.]

Paul

My only criticism of Tito is that he tends to be a little too loyal to the vets (Timlin)

Also, time to flip Beckett the Byrd...

FRITOLAYGUY

My only criticism of Tito is that he tends to be a little too loyal to the vets (Timlin)

Also, time to flip Beckett the Byrd...

I dunno about beckett for byrd i still think he would give up as many runs over a long stretch of time but i would have preferred him the other nite over timlin at least if he gets his feet under him he can give you 3+ inning before the roof falls in

Paul

I dunno about beckett for byrd i still think he would give up as many runs over a long stretch of time but i would have preferred him the other nite over timlin at least if he gets his feet under him he can give you 3+ inning before the roof falls in

Definitely over Timlin, no question there. I just don't know about Beckett right now. It could be that his injuries are more than he's letting on, but he hasn't seemed like the '07 Beckett at all this season. There just hasn't been any fire, or attitude from him. Byrd pitched pretty good in Game 4 of the ALCS last year, certainly better than Beckett's 11.x ERA in 2 playoff games this year. Tough call. I guess I'd have Josh on an extremely short leash, with Byrd available to come-in ASAP.