• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Red Sox!!

2knees

So glad I don't have to root for this:

right, cause you have your hands full rooting for this.

arod_purse.JPG

ComeBackMudPuddles

right, cause you have your hands full rooting for this.

i think this shot is much more, umm, flattering of a-rod (no photoshop required!), but you get bonus points for bringing up both a-rod and 2004.....

00001f.jpg

anyway, have fun worrying about this comparison during the course of the season....

_41524302_baseball_416.jpg

vs.

vaughn__1234545198_8156.jpg

2knees

right, cause that papelbon picture hasnt been around for a few years either.

how many games did the yankees win this weekend? I'm thinking zero, right? nice bullpen Cashman put together this year. Did they purposely try to find the 6 worst middle relievers in the history of baseball?

ComeBackMudPuddles

nice bullpen Cashman put together this year. Did they purposely try to find the 6 worst middle relievers in the history of baseball?

well, it isn't pretty, you're right, but the bullpen is pretty much a carry-over from last, and it was considered a strength of the '08 club (both the personnel and the manager managing them), but this year it's all gone horribly wrong. there are pletny of other live arms in the minors, so my guess is they'll shuttle more people and look for the hot hand.

just goes to show that bullpens are a difficult beast to predict....

then again, it's only been 18 games.

deadheadskier

Staff member
anyway, have fun worrying about this comparison during the course of the season....

_41524302_baseball_416.jpg

vs.

vaughn__1234545198_8156.jpg

Interesting

I watch and read about a lot of baseball and I've never seen that comparison; but it does make a lot of sense. Mo was a juicer whose body quit on him when he gave it up. Probably equally true with Ortiz unfortunately.

Not worth getting into at this point though. What's done is done, hopefully the game is at least 90% clean again and we can move on. Incredible games this weekend, Yanks played tough, but caught the Sox on fire right now.