• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Liftlines at A-basin

skiberg

I have been doing the same thing today. I looked at webcams from Loveland and Solden AT also

Puck it

I have been checking them daily. I even run the time lapse from Loveland for Chair 1. I have a problem!!!!

Puck it

This is what our mtns. look like!!!

Cannon.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ski Stef got a picture a few days ago from A-Basin opening day. The lift line was ... totally insane. I'll see if I can get her to post it.

skiNEwhere

Holy crap.....I skied there yesterday and it wasn't THAT bad (as in the pic).

I was there before the lift opened, no more than 1-2 minute wait, but everytime I came down high noon, the line was 2-3 minutes longer.

By the time I left, it was 15 minutes long, longer if you went in the singles line. I would say the line only extended the end of the maze by 5 feet when I left at 11.

P.S. I thought of posting a TR.....but I thought it might have been in bad taste seeing as this is primarily a northeast ski forum

dlague

That lift line is nothing compared to opening day at Killington when the open just the section around the North Ridge Triple. At least it seemed longer the last few times we were there when there was no top to bottom skiing.

Exceptions

Last year our first trip was not opening weekend and had top to bottom skiing
Halloween weekend two years ago top to bottom if you poached - anything is beter than hiking the steps!

dlague

Holy crap.....I skied there yesterday and it wasn't THAT bad (as in the pic).

I was there before the lift opened, no more than 1-2 minute wait, but everytime I came down high noon, the line was 2-3 minutes longer.

By the time I left, it was 15 minutes long, longer if you went in the singles line. I would say the line only extended the end of the maze by 5 feet when I left at 11.

P.S. I thought of posting a TR.....but I thought it might have been in bad taste seeing as this is primarily a northeast ski forum

Post it here! There is a place for such reports!

Alpine Zone Non Northeast Skiing Trip Reports

We would love to read about it!

skiNEwhere

OK, I'm trying to edit and post it from my phone.....one of the video's is upside down

4aprice

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority (I am stoked to ski), or maybe its just the warm weather we are having here, but I think I can wait till things get rolling. WROD's and liftlines just don't appeal to me right now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

AdironRider

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority (I am stoked to ski), or maybe its just the warm weather we are having here, but I think I can wait till things get rolling. WROD's and liftlines just don't appeal to me right now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Right there with ya. Considering my only season ending injury has come from the WROD, plus Ive hit 125+ ski days three years in a row, Ive decided this year Im going quality over quantity. And get off my lawn.

KevinF

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

You're not alone. I have more hiking and cycling that I'd like to do. Ski season starts when it starts.