• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for Colorado skiing discounts

Smellytele

Heading out to CO this year and need to know where to get the best discounts for tickets. I already have a place to stay.
Hitting these areas:
Breckenridge
Copper
A-basin
Wolf Creek (twice)
Purgatory (Durango)
And also Taos In NM.
Not looking for multiday tix just single day.
I have found some but Breck and Taos have none.

jaytrem

Heading out to CO this year and need to know where to get the best discounts for tickets. I already have a place to stay.
Hitting these areas:
Breckenridge
Copper
A-basin
Wolf Creek (twice)
Purgatory (Durango)
And also Taos In NM.

For Taos you might be able to get tickets for about 25% off at REI in NM, just need to be a REI member. That was the deal about 3 years ago.

Copper often has 2 for 1s when you buy gas, probably Shell again.

A-basin deals can come from the Colorado Gems card (no more Wolf Creek on it I see)...

http://www.coloradoski.com/colorado-gems-card

and Entertainment book coupons.

There's is also something called the New Mexico Extreme Card that can eventually be purchased here...

http://www.nmxsports.org/

In the past it was an amazing deal, last year not so much. Hopefully it will go back to being a great deal again, it's never been very consistent. Past cards have included tickets to A-basin, Purgatory, Taos, Red River, Angel Fire, Pajarito, Sipapu, Apache and a few others.

Breck is a tough one, you can get a good deal if you're willing to commit to an all Vail owned area trip. Other than that there are buddy discounts (not that great) and good ol' ebay/craigslist.

Sounds like a great trip!!! Enjoy!!!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I recall finding a CO map at Denver Airport that had coupons for smaller places like Eldora, A-Basin, etc. I don't know if they still make that or not.

snoseek

Historically its been easy to score copper/winter park twofers (midweek). Phillips 66 fill ups are the easiest way. There are no significant discounts to breck, you can maybe save 5 bucks or something by prepurchase at king soopers. Either way Breck will easily break 100, maybe more like 115 or 120. For that kind of money I would go to Aspen or T-Ride and at least get a unique experience with abundant steeps. Those Monarch season passes are pretty awesome too, many of those areas would be covered including a day at copper and winter park.

jaytrem

There is also a Purgatory ticket in the Geigerrig passport, no blackout days...

http://www.geigerrig.com/passport2013/index.html

So if you can use a new hydration pack and maybe use some of the other tickets, it's a good deal. Often available for about 1/2 off on various "deal" websites.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, I should have thought of Liftopia. Duh! ;)

I almost suggested a Monarch Pass, but I was not sure if they were doing that same deal this year.

Smellytele

Yes always checking Liftopia. They already have an A-basin deal. I will check out New Mexico Extreme Card first I heard of that one and then contemplating the Geigerrig thing. Also knew about the Shell and gem card deals. I am getting my 5th grader the Colorado passport from Coloradoski people as well.

jaytrem

Smellytele

There is also Working Advantage if you're eligible or have a friend who is...

https://www.workingadvantage.com/pr...=2842&sid=B7860AF3-5056-9000-28C442D335A5976F

I don't think the Breck/Vail discounts were great last year, but they were at least something.

And Recreation Connection, which pretty much anybody can sign up for....

http://www.recreationconnection.com/

Neither have anything listed for 2013/2014 yet.

I have seen and used those before and they usually get updated in late October into November. Thank you for reminding me.

ScottySkis

Maybe Cosco, they have for. Utah and for Catskills so worth looking into. Is their Price Chopper supermarket in Colorado might be worth checking if there is. In the east Price Ch. Sells discount tickets to some hills.

skiNEwhere

Hitting these areas:
Breckenridge
Copper
A-basin
Wolf Creek (twice)
Purgatory (Durango)
And also Taos In NM.

For Breck and A-Basin I can get you a ticket for $84 (each) since I'm an Epic passholder, PM me if you're interested

RENO

EBook for many discounts to Copper... http://eduproject.com/
Breckenridge is a lost cause unless you know someone with a pass. A-Basin is definitely Liftopia. There is always Ebay where coupons start popping up late Sept early October for Copper and A-basin and a bunch of others. No Vail resorts coupons on Ebay. Discounts in some ski shops or King Soopers barely make a dent in the price which is beyond ridiculous!

Smellytele

EBook for many discounts to Copper... http://eduproject.com/
Breckenridge is a lost cause unless you know someone with a pass. A-Basin is definitely Liftopia. There is always Ebay where coupons start popping up late Sept early October for Copper and A-basin and a bunch of others. No Vail resorts coupons on Ebay. Discounts in some ski shops or King Soopers barely make a dent in the price which is beyond ridiculous!
Like the ebook for Copper.

St. Jerry

If you're going to Aspen or Vail, you can usually get a nice discount at the ticket window by asking for the "out of state visitor discount."

RISkier

There's a grocery chain in the Denver area that has had discount tickets for some areas in the past. I believe it's called Kingsoopers or something like that. I don't know any details and I don't know if they are still selling discount tickets, but if you don't find something before you go you might check them out.