• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon 01/22/23 and 01/29/23

The Sneak

Resort or Ski Area
Loon Mountain
Date
Jan 29, 2023
Snow Conditions
  1. Dust on Crust
  2. Ice
  3. Crust
Frustrating consecutive Sundays at Loon.
Dust on frozen granular, boilerplate, glare ice on Sunday 1/22 and much the same with some piles of loose granular 1/29. The snow they received in the week between made very little difference.
Are conditions pretty much like this everywhere?

On the plus side, nice to be with friends and skiing.
The Kanc 8-pack is a nice lift.
No real wait to speak of at North or South Peak, even the singles line for the gondola was <10 min

BodeMiller1

Not good, It's hard to keep dry snow on ice. Not much the mountain can do. With warming temps Loon should be able to figure it out. Same problem as Cannon with wind. Cannon is moore North / South with Loon North East / South West butt those are averages.

My issue with Loon on weekends is crowds and people I don't want to see much less ski with. Not everyone from Mass is a tool butt, when they get to NH or Maine they do not act like they do at home. At least I hope not...