• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon 2/1

mlkrgr

Took the bus to Loon for 2/1. Wanted to ski this weekend, and I only could go on Saturday, so I went with Nacski. Got picked up in Woburn at 6:20 am and had a smooth ride to the resort as they bus got there at 8:15 am.

Now, here's where it really gets crazy: 3 other buses pull up and unloads people at the Kancamangus quad. Already there was about a 15 chair wait at 8:15 am. Got out around 8:30 am. First couple runs on the Kanc quad were enjoyable but it really gets crazy at the Northpeak quad around 10 am w/ 10 minute waits. Took a few runs off east basin double, and even that was about a 15-20 chair wait for most of the day. South Peak was no better with 10-15 minute waits. The board said that gondola waits exceeded 21 minutes for most of the day. I decided to go down to the base to go up the gondola one time, and even that took 5 minutes to get through at 3:30 through the singles line. They ran the lifts for 20 minutes extra which was a great gesture especially with how busy it was. Overall, it was still enjoyable. Some of the mountain was scratched off by noon to varying extents but there was still plenty of snow to enjoy throughout most of the mountain.

IMG_7603.jpg

Roco_Andy

It was ugly, as Loon often is. We skied right through lunch and got some quick laps in from 12-2.

rocojerry

hit Lower Picked, Walking Boss, Flume, Sunset, Flying Fox to crosscut, Angel Street, headed over to south for Ripsaw, Jobber, Twitcher, back to north peak for more Flume, Flume, Boss. Ended the day with some Rumrunning.... Overall -- mtn was 95% open -- only trails that I wanted to hit that I didn't were dipper and tripple nipple trouble. Snowmaking fantastic.

I dont think the lines were that bad for a sat at loon, the mountain and south definitely spread the crowds out more than days before south peak....

pick of the day, per usual, walking boss...... rocoAndy as usual hit the bumps on ski'rs left of flume until he cried uncle.

Loons in great shape in my two cents, weekday dumping? yes please.