• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon 2-6 & 7

puckoach

Post Superbowl on Monday and Tuesday.

Have skied here 7 of last 8 years on these two days.

Pleasantly surprised 7 Brothers was spinning both days.

Monday - Slight dusting overnight, less than 2". Grooming cords mostly filled, but visible. Larger crowd than in previous years. Gondola line about 20' outside of building. Others should have been ski on, but people waiting for friends were in the way...... Still not crowded. But, guess is that many gave up on our team early.....

Great conditions, very enjoyable day. Some ice over on South Peak, but over all excellent conditions.

Tuesday - Probably 3" overnight. Grooming cords not visible. Snow continued thru 11am. Awesome conditions. Too much fresh for beginners. Good coverage everywhere. Sparse crowd. Gondola line mostly inside, rare outside. Ski on at all others. Overall, a rare great, great condition day. That probably saw some pass holders play a little hooky, adding to the crowd.

I found the staff very up beat and pleasant. A bit more so than in the past.

Jully

Sounds nice! What issues had you noticed with the staff in the past? I was a Boyne passholders for a few years and usually had one Loon day or two a season and don't remember any issues... Then again I don't remember interacting with the staff at all really while I was there.

puckoach

Sounds nice! What issues had you noticed with the staff in the past? I was a Boyne passholders for a few years and usually had one Loon day or two a season and don't remember any issues... Then again I don't remember interacting with the staff at all really while I was there.

Was not that I had any issues. Just that staff was much more engaging and up beat, than in the past.

Service Desk, Octagon food staff, and lifties all outgoing and engaging. As a seasonal business operator, I notice this. Also noted, they were offering housing for employees on their employment poster, still hanging up near the bar upstairs.

My complaint with Loon, has been the closing of 7 Brothers lift on weekdays. Which wasn't true these two days, as it was open. I have had a number of discussions with their Facebook page staff about this in the past. The non-opening of the lift has prompted me to ski elsewhere with my groups.