• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Feb 2

puckoach

Resort or Ski Area
Loon Mountain
Date
Feb 2, 2022
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
Nice day. Sunny in 30's. Slight breeze at peak. Gondola less than 10 mins. Single line 1 minute. Kanc 8 not riding full. South ski on. Between two of us were on most of mountain. Conditions very good. Hard to find ice. .My thanks to the "Walking Boss" for creating this great resort.

Last edited:

Bumpsis

Nice day. Sunny in 30's. Slight breeze at peak. Gondola less than 10 mins. Single line 1 minute. Kanc 8 not riding full. South ski on. Between two of us were on most of mountain. Conditions very good. Hard to find ice. .My thanks to the "Walking Boss" for creating this great resort.
I mostly agree with puckoach's assessment of conditions but some differences. Overall conditions were surprisingly nice.

There was some newly made snow that I found on trails off Kanc 8 and it skied great but ice was not difficult to find. The two main trails off North Peak chair (Walking Boss?? and the one right under the chair) was quite scraped down to hard, icy surface and it was tough to get my edges in for a carved turn. Lower down, not so bad. The same on the steeper parts of the expert trails on South Peak. Still, there was plenty of really good surface on which to cruise and carve. Natural snow trail were quite thin and one had to be careful. Woods - didn't even look what was open, just too thin.
Lines, mostly ski-on, a bit of a wait for the gondola.
I was happy to finally have a good day at Loon, which is not usually the case.

puckoach

Age and health issues, I'm a cruiser now....

Me thinks we were on few of the same trails...LOL

Should have reported that, sorry campers!

Very glad to see another trip report, vs the whining about Fail