• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Mountain - 11-19-2014

Cannonball

Sorry, thread title should be "11-21-2014"

This is a pretty limited TR. But since it's Friday and early season thought it might be helpful for people making decisions about the weekend.

It sure felt wintery here: 22 degrees, blustery, flurries. And Loon was posting up some drool-worthy pics. I wanted to get over there early but had to work. I finally got there around 2:30 expecting things to be fully skied off, sketchy, and dark. I was pleasantly surprised to find good coverage and fun edgeable snow. Having North Peak open was a big bonus. That offered the steeper option of Upper Walking Boss. This has to be just about the earliest opening for that trail. Coverage on that was as good as anywhere....

attachment.php

Lower mountain trails had guns blasting. Actually not so much "blasting" as "misting". Those HKD towers put out such a light product that it's really not uncomfortable to ski under.

They are planning to open significantly more terrain for the weekend. Everything that I could see was looking pretty good with nice coverage. If you're on the fence I say go!

Last edited:

57stevey

Kanc quad not open yet... maybe around noontime I am hearing. Gondola, north peak, 7 bros.