• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon, NH 11/10/2013

Cannonball

I'm going to start off by stealing from 180's trip report from ...

Who would have ever thought Loon could pull this off. Most vertical drop on the east coast. 1800 feet. 2 ways down of leg burning fun. Light crowds, 2 lifts. They were blowing the north peak trails most of the day. Great vibe on the hill, earliest opening ever!

Sunday was basically the same, PLUS about 3" of the real stuff. I don't have to tell you how much difference a little bit of fresh can make on top of a man made surface. It was actually pretty stellar considering the date. We lapped about 14K worth of top-to-bottom burners. That was more than enough for my early season quads.

Pretty pumped up that by 11/10 I've already snagged 2 days at 2 different mountains, have only paid a total of $29, and haven't even picked up my season pass yet!

Riverskier

I there for Loon's opening day on Friday, and agree that it was definitely an impressive showing for 11/8. I was at Sunday River yesterday, and they got 3" as well. It certainly made a difference! I got "first tracks" in a couple spots and it sure felt great under my feet compared to the man made.