• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad river glen 1-26

rocks860

Decided to take the short drive over to MRG today as it was turn back the clock day and tickets were only $3.50. My legs were toast from the last couple days but I figured for that price I could do a few runs. There were some definite bare spots but the snow was very nice and there wasn't a whole lot of ice. Did about 5 runs then called it a day. It was raining/sleeting on the way up but then it turned to this for about 20 minutes https://vimeo.com/153158366

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453842679.840169.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453842695.125448.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453842714.557087.jpg

And here is a guy in full camo on snowblades
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453842740.179591.jpg

bdfreetuna

5 runs? Gotta work those thighs, bro!

And I know it wasn't busy cuz I was there the day before. Heck if I knew it was turn back the clock day I would have reverse-ordered my MRG/Stowe weekend and saved a Ski VT pass!

edit: nevermind I got the dates mixed up. I never know what day it is until it's the weekend.

Tin

Coverage is looking good. Will be up there next week, hopefully they don't lose much/any.

rocks860

5 runs? Gotta work those thighs, bro!

And I know it wasn't busy cuz I was there the day before. Heck if I knew it was turn back the clock day I would have reverse-ordered my MRG/Stowe weekend and saved a Ski VT pass!

edit: nevermind I got the dates mixed up. I never know what day it is until it's the weekend.

Yeah my fat ass apparently can't handle 3 straight days like i used to. Still have another 3 days to ski this week so i didn't want to kill myself.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not really. They had a bunch of demo tents set up outside the lodge but the lodge wasn't very crowded and it wasn't crowded at all on the trails

Wow. That is a surprise considering that $3.50 day is always a hit. Must be weather and conditions.

rocks860

Wow. That is a surprise considering that $3.50 day is always a hit. Must be weather and conditions.

There was maybe a 5 person line at the single and I never waited at all on the double. I've been there a couple other times on turn back the clock day and I don't remember it being that crowded, even on a day where there was about 8 inches of fresh powder

thetrailboss

Staff member
There was maybe a 5 person line at the single and I never waited at all on the double. I've been there a couple other times on turn back the clock day and I don't remember it being that crowded, even on a day where there was about 8 inches of fresh powder

Interesting. I would have imagined that the lines would have been long because of the price.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Yeah my fat ass apparently can't handle 3 straight days like i used to. Still have another 3 days to ski this week so i didn't want to kill myself.

Three straight days is tough, I try to schedule one day off for every two days. When we are tired is when we get hurt, I think it is best to always be at peak. Wise move to take it easy.

bdfreetuna

No lines this year anywhere! Well, maybe down in PA or wherever the superstorm hit.

Half of skiers just called this winter a dud and quit. Bad for ski areas (but they'll get a better winter next year); great for skiers!

rocks860

Three straight days is tough, I try to schedule one day off for every two days. When we are tired is when we get hurt, I think it is best to always be at peak. Wise move to take it easy.

Yeah I came up on Saturday and skied sugarbush Sunday Monday and was going to take Tuesday off but couldn't pass up tickets that cheap at MRG. I'm taking today off then skiing sugarbush tomorrow then my girlfriend is coming up tomorrow night and well ski sugarbush Friday and probably part of the day Saturday, although that should be much easier as she's a relatively new snowboarder so I won't be going as hard.

bdfreetuna

Ouch. Did that a few years ago.

At Bolton I twisted my knee pretty bad jumping off Vista Glade 10 foot cliff twice (yardsale both times).

It's healing up fast and I'm heading up to MRG on Wednesday (maybe with a set of knee braces, and tighter DIN settings).