• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Made Someone's Day

Cornhead

I was shared a chair with a beautiful 60 something year old woman at Greek Peak on Saturday. We spoke of the shitty ski season. I told her I had been able to ski 3 powder days at Snow Ridge. I told her there was one place I'd like to scratch off my list this year, McCauley Mountain in Old Forge. She lit up, she learned to ski at McCauley. She says she tells people she learned to ski there, and no one's ever heard of it. Shocking, I know. She explained that it was right when the Beatles broke in the US. She said she remembered Beatles songs playing from the hill's PA system, they would ski and sing along. Sounds like quite a memory, did I mention she was gorgeous? I must be getting old.

zyk

Great story! McCauley is on my list as well. Curious how it compares to snow ridge.

Cornhead

Great story! McCauley is on my list as well. Curious how it compares to snow ridge.

More vert than SR, 630, less LES, but it does get some. Looks like a cool little place from the air.
1453190691150.jpg
I guess the views of the Fulton Chain of lakes, and the Daks is impressive, they run the lift in the off season for sightseeing.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Isn't this a familiar refrain from you? Didn't you post last year about a lite ride with a "beautiful old" lady? I think we got you figured out, you're a Manther waiting by the lifts for your prey :lol: Not that there's nothing wrong with that! haha

Last edited: