• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 3/28/2008

roark

Took off from work about 10:30 to hit up Magic. Arrived to 6-10" of wet, dense pow. Ran into a few maggots from TGR, had a blast skiing with dromond. Still some crust underneath on goniff/twilight. Actually skied one of the sweetest groomers last run. The mountain should ski real nice this weekend.

Long lift line:
P1030282.jpg

Saw a couple maggots ripping down Red Line on a few consecutive chairs rides. Always nice to have some entertainment.
Zoomed:
mag_on_redline.jpg

Sequence:
P1030287.jpg

P1030288.jpg

P1030289.jpg

Wet, dense snow:
P1030292.jpg

roark

Mid Red Line:
P1030295.jpg

Some downed branches on Red Line:
P1030300.jpg

Fresh tracks are scarce at such a crowded mountain:
P1030310.jpg

Dromond on lower Green Line:
P1030319_adj.jpg

P1030320.jpg

Last edited:

magicbus

Magic 3/28

I too skied Magic today from about 9 to 1. Not a groomed trail in site. First time skiing in ungroomed in a long time so I pretty much stayed to the east side. I think I hit every blue and green on the hill and was the first one down several. Gotta love that. I think I only skied w/ someone else on the trail maybe twice. When I did hit bottom, my skis caught, so I guess there was some nice softening yesterday. Trails should be nice for the weekend. Groomer was out at the very end. Last run was hocus pocus w/ my legs just barely holding... ahhh but work calls.

WoodCore

Looks great!!! Can't wait to enjoy the "leftovers" tomorrow. :-D

roark

I too skied Magic today from about 9 to 1. Not a groomed trail in site.

I guess they had an issue with the groomer, which was just fine by me. Post lunch the traverse to the west side and at least one top to bottom trail on the east side were groomed. It's weird to say on a pow day but the last run on the groomed was pretty sweet.

magicbus

I didn't mind either, in fact, loved it. We skied Magic on 1/2/08, and even w/ grooming, they only groomed down the middle, and left sides untouched, which was great. I wish more areas did that.