• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain, VT 3/20/2014

Euler

I awoke to an inch or two of gloppy, wet snow in Putney, foggy, low clouds, and a weather forecast that called for a chance of drizzle at Magic throughout the day. I almost bagged the idea of skiing, but finally my good sense took over and I figured that for the Throwback Thursday price of $15 a person, what was there to lose by taking my kids over to check out the scene at Magic.

I made the right decision! It was my 2nd time there and my kids' first visit. We were all blown away by the amazing terrain! I'd guess there was 6 inches of fresh up top...definitely not what anyone would describe as powder...really wet heavy snow. It made you work to get the skis to turn quickly, but it was perfect for sticking to the hardback that lay underneath the fresh.

We began with a trip down Broomstick, at the bottom of which my son declared it the best riding day of the year! Next we moved on to Sorcerer...pretty steep, we'll formed bumps, with the great coating of soft snow to keep it fun! Goniff Glades, Witch to black, broomstick to magician....on and on....amazing day!

jrmagic

Glad you enjoyed but more importantly glad that the kids enjoyed it. When they are happy it makes the day that much more fun and easier to come back for another visit.

Tin

Nice! Magic really is amazing. We will be there Saturday, looks like they got a bit more last night. Magician is worth poaching and one hell of a trail. Looking forward to Goniff this weekend.

jrmagic

Nice! Magic really is amazing. We will be there Saturday, looks like they got a bit more last night. Magician is worth poaching and one hell of a trail. Looking forward to Goniff this weekend.

I will be up sometime in the late afternoon tomorrow... hopefully early enough to get a couple of runs in. I will look for you on the hill or worst case for a beer depending on how quickly you're getting out of there.

Tin

I will be up sometime in the late afternoon tomorrow... hopefully early enough to get a couple of runs in. I will look for you on the hill or worst case for a beer depending on how quickly you're getting out of there.

Send me a text, Erika and I will stick around if you're there. Btw, Fullerton Inn sucked lol

wa-loaf

I'm heading out solo next week Thursday and Friday, planning to hit Magic at least one of those days. But if there is a storm Wednesday I'm going to chase the snow. Hopefully it pays off for Magic!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
all my best laid plans this year have gone to hell>I swear I won't miss the NEXT snowstorm! Unless it's next Friday as I have an exam for work I need to take.

jrmagic

all my best laid plans this year have gone to hell>I swear I won't miss the NEXT snowstorm! Unless it's next Friday as I have an exam for work I need to take.

The best part about that statement is that it means we will have another storm as given your track record you WILL miss it but thank you for your selfless sacrifice so we can all enjoy!:D

wa-loaf

The best part about that statement is that it means we will have another storm as given your track record you WILL miss it but thank you for your selfless sacrifice so we can all enjoy!:D

Hahahahah, thanks Nick! Meet me at Magic next Thursday, I'll msg your wife about getting sick or something that day ...

Savemeasammy

I will be down on Sunday with the wife and kids. I would love to take a few runs with the ambassador of Magic Mt again!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

twinplanx

I will be down on Sunday with the wife and kids. I would love to take a few runs with the ambassador of Magic Mt again!

Me too!! Was thinking about hitting Magic tomorrow, but might hold off till Sunday...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

Me too!! Was thinking about hitting Magic tomorrow, but might hold off till Sunday...

Let me know. I'm not sure if I will be a great skiing partner since I will have either a 4 or 6 year old with me (my wife and I alternate..) when I ski! My 6 year old can ski some if the good stuff, he's just not as fast! Madmadworld world will be there, too.

twinplanx

Just confirmed, broham is down! So (God willing) we will be there on Sunday. One good thing about Magic not being a McResort, should be easy enough to take a run or two with you. I'll be wearing my red Spyder jacket with yellow trim and black pants, dark blue helmet with AZ sticker ;-)

Savemeasammy

Just confirmed, broham is down! So (God willing) we will be there on Sunday. One good thing about Magic not being a McResort, should be easy enough to take a run or two with you. I'll be wearing my red Spyder jacket with yellow trim and black pants, dark blue helmet with AZ sticker ;-)

Look for a PM!

jrmagic

Let me know. I'm not sure if I will be a great skiing partner since I will have either a 4 or 6 year old with me (my wife and I alternate..) when I ski! My 6 year old can ski some if the good stuff, he's just not as fast! Madmadworld world will be there, too.

Kids are never a bother. Enjoy it while they want to ski with you. Besides if you recall I tweaked my knee so that sounds just my speed. Look forward to catching up to you and family and MMW Sunday.

jrmagic

I will look for you. Yellow shell, blue pants, blue/purple twintips and a black helmet. Send be a on with ur# if want and I cab find you.

Savemeasammy

Kids are never a bother. Enjoy it while they want to ski with you. Besides if you recall I tweaked my knee so that sounds just my speed. Look forward to catching up to you and family and MMW Sunday.

I pm'd my # to you to make it easier to catch up Sunday.