• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Questions

wa-loaf

Thinking of heading up Sat with the kids.

1. The black chair is a triple and working? I've got two kids and one still needs a lift to get on the chair and the other is not a big fan of riding alone.
2. Is there wifi in the lodge? Might want to set the kids up with their tablets so I can get a few good runs in.

Thanks!

Smellytele

Thinking of heading up Sat with the kids.

1. The black chair is a triple and working? I've got two kids and one still needs a lift to get on the chair and the other is not a big fan of riding alone.
2. Is there wifi in the lodge? Might want to set the kids up with their tablets so I can get a few good runs in.

Thanks!

Yes the black is a triple and has been running. Not sure on WIFI

4aprice

Saturday just might be the Magic day I've been waiting for, for the last 3 years. The vouchers I bought last fall are calling my name. I will let you know later this week. Wa-loaf: Wife and daughter (If she's around) might be willing to help spring you for a few runs if we go.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

wa-loaf

Saturday just might be the Magic day I've been waiting for, for the last 3 years. The vouchers I bought last fall are calling my name. I will let you know later this week. Wa-loaf: Wife and daughter (If she's around) might be willing to help spring you for a few runs if we go.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Sounds like a deal to me! Unless this storm moves north and Magic gets hit with rain I'm in.

MadMadWorld

Even if the triple isn't working.....I would almost guarentee you will be able to find a friendly adult willing to help on and off if the child is okay with it.

jrmagic

Before I book a room nearby, any concerns about windholds? Seeing 25-35mph on Thursday.

You would need ridiculous winds for a wind hold. I don't recall ever seeing one and I'm there 30-40 days a year. Red is low to the ground and protected on both sides by trees.

jrmagic

The triple is working and I would expect it to run Saturday as long as there's enough people to justify it. They ran it Last Saturday and both lifts were basically ski on all day. Think I waited 7 or 8 chairs once that day. Sunday only ran red. Let me know if you make it. I'd be happy to make some turns and show you around as would Rusty Groomer and others.

Tin

I will be there with my GF Thursday and possibly Friday. We have been wanting to get there all year and the wait looks to be paying off.

RustyGroomer

While I can't make Thurs., i'm working on Friday for sure. Wind hold? Never. Wifi is good in the lodge. Someone will always be glad to help out with the little ones if the triple is not running. Me included. I'm guessing it will run. Keep us posted please.

wa-loaf

While I can't make Thurs., i'm working on Friday for sure. Wind hold? Never. Wifi is good in the lodge. Someone will always be glad to help out with the little ones if the triple is not running. Me included. I'm guessing it will run. Keep us posted please.

I'm planning on being there Saturday!

MadMadWorld

Not sure what day I will be there but anyone interested in slaying some serious gnar hit me up. I intend to slay some dragons

wa-loaf

well i'll be there too as well! Seriously let me know. I've missed a couple AZer's but managed to find Smellytele for a few runs. Let's ski!

Me: Red Jacket, Beard, Soul 7s

and will have these guys with me:
1891083_10202554990749559_1108986615_n.jpg

spiderpig

FYI: Starting this weekend, they're changing their Saturday hours for the rest of this season to 9:00 - 5:00 due to DST.

MadMadWorld

I'll organize a meetup like the one we did at Cannon if people are interested. If anyone wants to send me their cell I will put together a group text so people can find each other easier

RustyGroomer

MadMadWorld I'll shoot you a PM. Everyone else, home base is upstairs by the bar. Round table near chalkboard. As anyone for Greg. I'll try to chime in Friday night with a report.