• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Maine Park and Ride Lots---24 hr limit enforced?

xwhaler

Has anyone used any of the ME state owned park and ride commuter lots? I'm looking to meet my wife in Wells on Friday and leave my car there and head North to our friends lake house for the wknd. Would be back Monday early afternoon.

I have used Wells before for a couple overnights but not recently. Now I see on their website they say 24 hrs or less.
Anyone know if they really enforce this or are they mostly looking for abandoned cars or those there for weeks at a time?

http://www.maineturnpike.com/Traveler-Services/Park-Ride-Lots.aspx

We use the NH ones all the time for wknd trips (they come in real handy for coordinting ski trips) w/o any problems.
But would prefer not to ask my wife to backtrack down to Portsmouth if she doesn't have to.

Thanks

deadheadskier

Staff member
It would surprise me if you were hassled for parking at that lot for the weekend. Isn't it the same lot used for the Downeaster? I'd imagine people take the train into Boston for a weekend all the time and leave their cars there.

xwhaler

It would surprise me if you were hassled for parking at that lot for the weekend. Isn't it the same lot used for the Downeaster? I'd imagine people take the train into Boston for a weekend all the time and leave their cars there.

It is the same lot...I used it once before a few yrs ago w/o any issues and IIRC they had the 24 hr policy on their site then at the time. I think it's one of those things where they post the policy just to let ppl know they can't leave a car there for months. I will probably give it a shot---either Wells or the small one in York.