• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mainers or Northern NH's help

Wavewheeler

Maybe someone else teaching them is the key? The other two never got the bug,
went a few time with me but only one skis/board occasionally.

I would DEFINITELY recommend putting your kid in ski school. First of all, it frees you up and its fun for the kids. I probably would've killed my kid if I'd tried to teach her myself in the beginning.

When she got good enough to ski greens and blues with me I started giving her pointers, like how to stop snowplowing, turning, stopping. She's a pretty good skier now but now I'm working on getting her down blacks without tossing F-bombs at me for taking her down a "hard trail". ;)

She must love it because she keeps wanting to come with me and used her birthday money to buy new skis and boots. :)

Savemeasammy

The ski school thing is actually not a bad idea if you want to consider it. Mt. Cranmore is right in town, and it would be easy for your wife to bring your 7 year old there. Either way, enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk