• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Major mid-summer ski jones...

Greg

Staff member
I've had skiing on the brain multiple times/day for the past few weeks. Anyone else majorly jonesing? I have a few more vacations planned, inlcuding some hiking and backpacking, that should make the rest of the summer go quickly, but the ski season couldn't come soon enough... :-?

RISkier

Haven't had the itch till now. Been trying to find time to work on the golf game. But I'M READY TO SKI!!!!

skican

Skiing has been constantly on my mind especially with the emails from the areas bombarding me with pass offers. Should I buy one or should I get a job at the Loaf for the winter and ski for free there! Only there? Gee I would really like to take the winter off of work and ski all season long on the pass. What to do?

8 weeks and counting til my move to Maine!!

Terry

mid summer ski jones

I have been rereading old ski and skiing mags for the past couple of weeks. Can't wait for snow to fly-- will get started early this year at Sunday River with the bronze pass! Anxiously awaiting the day when I can get back into my Volkls!!!
Terry Sugarloafer since 2000

teachski

Website
teachski.com
My skis are standing in the corner of my den greeting me as I pass by and begging to feel snow again. I bought new boots at the end of the season, I have been wearing them for at least an hour a week trying to "break" them in so they will abe all ready to go.

NOPE....I'm not eager to ski....

I've been scoping out ski sites, looking at pass offers, working on my site and doing what ever I can to feed my desire to ski...but nothings as good ad the real thing.

jimme

"I'm not putting myself though another summer of agony waiting for snow again this year. " I thought as the 03/04 season was comming to a close. "Not me, no sir. I will probably even stay away from the Ski message boards and maybe get into a Golf fourm." But, yet here I am again, sifting through Ski message fourms, and other ski related sites. Only 112 days until November 15th!

Jimme :D

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
Mmmm...skiing...

Yeah, I'm ready. Ever since I had to stop SCUBA diving I REALLY need my skiing. Can't wait to get on the skis again!

Was just talking to my buddy about our hopeful Europe trip this season. We're gonna start seriously planning it--assuming we can all afford it! :) I'm also hoping to get back out West for a few days again as well.

Hmm, my refresher is at the end of October. No skiing yet but it gets me going. Still got a few months to deal with. :(

loafer89

I have been suffering from snow/skiing deprivation since my last day on the slopes on April 17th. On saturday I recieved a phone call from my brother who is currently skiing at Perisher Blue in Australia with powder conditions
(it's okay to hate him right??) To make things worse he is going to New Zealand to ski at Cardona. I've heard that they are having a record snow season in Australia and New Zealand. My brother is out to ski all 12 months continuosly and is at 10 straight months so far.

jimme

Using 11/15 as "opening day" there are 90 days left.

To the tune of 100 Bottles Of Beer. . .

90 days till skiin' is here
90 days till we ski.
You put yer boards on, and slide down the hill. . .89 days 'till skiin' is here :roll:

:beer:

Nobody caught my math error ?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i almost put my boots on this weekend. had skiing on the brain ALL weekend. was evening jumping back and forth in place simulating those all too precious turns. looking at ski area web pages. hoping beyond hope that they've actually been updated for the winter already!

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
looking at ski area web pages.
I've been reading my old trip reports and viewing some of the images. Now that's a sickness... :blink:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
heh, me too greg! actually, not only have i been browsing old trip reports, but also touching up older photos with photoshop and re-editing older trip reports on my web page for consistancy in style (really need to learn to work with CSS one of these days).

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I should be concentrating on getting ready for school to start. Am I doing that? Well...not really! I'm going through ski stickers, photos and posters thinking of what my new "ski corner" in my classroom might look like, planning it out, tentatively scheduling the first meeting of the school's ski club, thinking of fundraising ideas for the ski club... Going through eBay looking at ski stuff to add to my site. Looking at other sites related to skiing. My boots went on yesterday despite the agony I felt in my rarely shoed summer bare feet and the fact that I am having some minor surgery on my left foot today. I'm trying to get used to wearing shoes other than flip-flops and loose fitting sneakers as in 2 weeks I will be required to wear real shoes again.

Nope, skiing does not occupy my mind....NEVER...I have too much else to think of.

Charlie Schuessler

Last weekend I rode my road bicycle in a 75-mile Tour for MS in Southwestern Vermont. I had the Green Mountains and the Adirondack Mountains in my peripheral vision while pedaling up and flying down the hills. At break stops nearly everyone spoke about how they rode bicycles to be ready for skiing. Most of the long distance riders were over the age of 35 and the gender was evenly split. At the end of the day, the scene was similar to that of skiing, lot's of laughing, cold cocktails, smiles, joy...... :beer: