• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Masuk VS Pomperaug LAX TR

gmcunni

Pulled into a crowded Pomperaug parking lot just after 5. the sun had just started to come out after a cool gray day. Felt like 55-60, pretty good temp for running around a field.

I could see the JV LAX game had already started. I grabbed my gear(bleacher pad) and made a beeline for the stands, setting up right behind Masuk. I knew Grassi21 (aka coach) would be there so i kept an eye out for him as i settled into my seat. A quick check of the scoreboard showed Masuk up 4 to 0.

Spotted Chris after a few minutes. He was down on the field lacing up new LAX nets for the Varsity game. It was Pomperaug's senior night so there were posters and decorations all around the stadium. Didn't realize until i got there that Pomperaug had an artificial field. I'm seeing more and more of those at the high schools and they look great.

I made my way down to the field to say hi to Chris. Hung out with him for a the 2nd quarter down on the sidelines of the field, a great way to watch the game. I've only been to a handful of LAX games and always in the stands, being down on the field is a cool perspective.

By the end of the 2nd quarter Pomperaug had put a few points up on the board and cut Masuk's lead considerably. As the 3rd quarter started I headed back to the stands to watch Jake play, leaving Chris to finish up his net lacing.

The game continued with Pomperaug keeping it close but in the end Masuk won 9-8 (i think).

I had to bail right after the JV game as i had a softball game down in Shelton (we won but i'll spare you the TR for that game). I heard that the Pomperaug Varsity team won their game against Masuk. Congrats Chris!

shot some video of the LAX, will post up later.