• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Matt Cassel

Mildcat

Well on the bright side maybe his value will drop enough so we can resign him as a backup. :roll:

This has to be the softest defense I've seen in years. After the cheap shot on Welker they never even got payback. Harrison would've never let them get away with that. The D's playing like a bunch of wusses. :angry:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wasn't overly optimistic about beating Pittsburgh. Actually any win they pull of is a feat considering how depleted the team is.

Think about it, how good would Pittsburgh be right now if they were missing Rothlisberger (Brady), Parker (Maroney), Mewelde Moore (Lamont Jordan), Harrison (Adalius Thomas) and Pomalou (Harrison)?? Answer? Probably 7-5 like the Patriots

It would've been great to see this team make the post season, but it was wishful thinking since game 1.

Mildcat

I agree about the expectations, I figured even if they make the playoffs they won't get far without Brady and when Thomas went down I figured it's pretty much a lost season. But it just pissed me off that the D didn't do anything after the Welker hit. The defense set a precedent that it's ok to take the heads off of our star players. Go and take your best shot, our D won't stop you.

Geoff

But it just pissed me off that the D didn't do anything after the Welker hit.

I'm old enough to remember the Jack Tatum hit on Daryl Stingley. I thought there should have been an ejection for that cheap shot. I also was expecting some big-time retribution that never happened.

PA Ridge Racer

I agree about the expectations, I figured even if they make the playoffs they won't get far without Brady and when Thomas went down I figured it's pretty much a lost season. But it just pissed me off that the D didn't do anything after the Welker hit. The defense set a precedent that it's ok to take the heads off of our star players. Go and take your best shot, our D won't stop you.

I'm so angry about that cheap shot. I just hope Wes didn't suffer a nasty concussion or anything like that. Hopefully there will be a fine.

The Patriots made a lot of mistakes this year but I don't think I can remember seeing this many in one game. Moss' two drops. the first likely took points off the board and the second being a dropped TD. The missed chip shot FG. The fumbled kickoff return, Cassel's 2 fumbles (not really his fault). In a game that was probably make or break for the playoffs they played awful. Whats worse is that the Jets lost too. We could have been tied for the East lead again. It's pretty disheartening but I made it through last years loss (well...not really) I'll make it through this. (ok rant over)

2knees

cheap shot. ok, I thought Clarks' hit was unnecessary but not cheap. this IS the NFL. not the national flag football league. seriously, when did this kind of thing become so frowned upon. physically intimidating people is what the Steelers and patriots do. or used to do in the patriots case.

there were big drops on both sides of the game. the Steelers dropped 5 balls. a sure td to washington that kept it a game late. don't cry about drops, you got beat up. plain and simple.

btw, the Steelers were without Bryan McFadden (Ellis Hobbs), Max Starks (Matt Light) and Willie Parker played but only because he isn't a pussy like Lawrence Maroney. He has a strained MCL and ACL. so take you injury excuse and shove it up your a$$ sideways.

god i hate the patriots.

Mildcat

physically intimidating people is what the Steelers and patriots do. or used to do in the patriots case.

My point exactly. If the Pats hit Hynes Ward like that Troy Palamalu (sp?) would have knocked someone's head off.

drjeff

Yup, my beloved Pats stunk it up, especially that god awfull 2nd 1/2 :( Steelers played solid ball all game. The Pats keep shooting themselves in the foot(Plaxico Burress reference unintended ;)) at many an inopportune moment. The reality is that neither of the 2 teams that played at Gillette are going to win the superbowl this year, even in the year of extreme mediocrity in the NFL.

Weather wise, I will say that off all the NFL games I've been too(and it's well over 100) that was the worst game from a fan perspective. Basically mid 30's and a steady rain from the moment we parked the cars @ noontime all the way through when we drove off a little before 8. Just cold and wet and miserable. I'll take a 0 degree snowy, windy game as a fan anyday, that's alot easier to deal with comfort wise than 35 an rainy.

Congrats to the Steelers.

deadheadskier

Staff member
cheap shot. ok, I thought Clarks' hit was unnecessary but not cheap. this IS the NFL. not the national flag football league. seriously, when did this kind of thing become so frowned upon. physically intimidating people is what the Steelers and patriots do. or used to do in the patriots case.

there were big drops on both sides of the game. the Steelers dropped 5 balls. a sure td to washington that kept it a game late. don't cry about drops, you got beat up. plain and simple.

btw, the Steelers were without Bryan McFadden (Ellis Hobbs), Max Starks (Matt Light) and Willie Parker played but only because he isn't a pussy like Lawrence Maroney. He has a strained MCL and ACL. so take you injury excuse and shove it up your a$$ sideways.

god i hate the patriots.

The Steelers were the better team, no doubt. Losing the best quarterback in the league and expecting to the beat the leagues best defense isn't an excuse, it's reality. Do I think the Pats would've won 34-13 like last year with Brady? No, but it would've been a lot more competitive.

2knees

The Steelers were the better team, no doubt. Losing the best quarterback in the league and expecting to the beat the leagues best defense isn't an excuse, it's reality. Do I think the Pats would've won 34-13 like last year with Brady? No, but it would've been a lot more competitive.

oh i was just blowing off years of steam last night. losing to the patriots in a big game has become tradition for the steelers. I was just shocked that they won. Even if you threw Scott Zolak out there, i would expect the patriots to beat the steelers.