• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meanwhile Back at J Hole

goldsbar

What's more pathetic?

1. He (snowboarder) decided to assault the skier to begin with
2. Skier easily avoided him and pinned him to the ground with skis on
3. Skier lets him go and the snowboarder takes another cheap shot at him
3a. Misses on said cheap shot

cdskier

What exactly started this whole confrontation?

rocks860

What's more pathetic?

1. He (snowboarder) decided to assault the skier to begin with
2. Skier easily avoided him and pinned him to the ground with skis on
3. Skier lets him go and the snowboarder takes another cheap shot at him
3a. Misses on said cheap shot

4. Woman coming up and hitting the guys skis repeatedly with her snowboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironhippy

What exactly started this whole confrontation?

according to the lady on the snowboard, their child (who is 9 years old) fell and someone said "whatever kid"
Seems like an odd reason to come out swinging.

Couple of points that I liked.

The lady on the snowboard is obviously older than the skiers, when the skier says "can you please not be a child" her instant response was "no, you don't be a child"

The ski patroller/hippy trying to reason with the drunk that "violence is not the answer"

wa-loaf

There's more info now:

Short explanation, The snowboarder’s kid fell on a feature in the stash park, we ask him to move to the side, (1:15 mark) he did, and as he and his mom (in the yellow jacket) skied past she said to my mom (Pinkish Purple jacket), “thanks bitch” and skied away. Lower down the run and not visible in the video, I in the blue and white, skied past her and said, “watch what you say” then I skied away. I mean she had just swore at my mom. Then she goes to say something to my mom around the 3:07 mark. My buddy who recorded the whole thing kept skiing to the bottom and thats when the fight happened. In short, the mom in yellow was the one swearing at everyone, and I definitely never swore at or threatened the kids. – challett24

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2017/...-how-jackson-skier-vs-snowboarder-brawl-began

rocks860

Wait that drunken asshole has a kid? Setting a great example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdskier

Upon further review...that guy seemed pretty hammered and probably shouldn't even be on the slopes under that condition. Meanwhile his wife or girlfriend or whatever she is just seemed like an ass. Even with the full video and explanation we don't know exactly what was said, but it seems more likely that nothing legitimate was done to provoke the incident by the skiers.

Domeskier

Even with the full video and explanation we don't know exactly what was said, but it seems more likely that nothing legitimate was done to provoke the incident by the skiers.

Maybe they were abusing the singles line?

Jcb890

With snow like that and lack of lift lines like that, why all the anger?

Dudes and dudettes, you're in fucking Jackson Hole and getting fresh dumps non-stop. What the hell do you have to be so upset about?

I bet the snowboarders were some d-bags on vacation from MA, NY or NJ - buncha jackasses.

BenedictGomez

Upon further review...that guy seemed pretty hammered and probably shouldn't even be on the slopes under that condition. Meanwhile his wife or girlfriend or whatever she is just seemed like an ass.

The most amazing part is the JH employee let the wrecked boarder keep riding rather than booting him from the resort. Listening to the video, I think the "wife or girlfriend" is drunk too.

Jcb890

The most amazing part is the JH employee let the wrecked boarder keep riding rather than booting him from the resort. Listening to the video, I think the "wife or girlfriend" is drunk too.
Drunk or not, if you act like a jackass and throw punches when not provoked, you should probably be banned for at least the rest of the day.

Jcb890

Something I haven't seen brought up yet...

The snowboarder is throwing punches at someone while wearing padded mittens/gloves while the other guy is wearing both a helmet and goggles. It is like seeing NFL players throw punches while the other guy is wearing a helmet. Idiots.

BenedictGomez

Drunk or not, if you act like a jackass and throw punches when not provoked, you should probably be banned for at least the rest of the day.

Yes, either way, he clearly shouldn't have been allowed to go about his way. I wonder if the employee will get in trouble given that's gone viral now.

Jcb890

Yeah, they could not possibly be from CA, TX, or IL; no jackasses there.
I'm from MA, I was being tongue-in-cheek.

Us East Coasters generally seem less friendly than our Mid and Western counterparts.

JimG.

Staff member
I'm from MA, I was being tongue-in-cheek.

Us East Coasters generally seem less friendly than our Mid and Western counterparts.

I know I'm just in a very anti-stereotype mood today.

I have met plenty of jackasses from every state though.