• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Millstone, Barre Vt.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Rode Millstone today. A good 3 hours...18-20 miles. Think we rode about half of the good stuff, includung the newest singletracks and some awesome bridge work. Love playing on all the granite blocks and the quarry views are sick....Pinch flatted on some weak trials attempts...then new trail rollcoaster is great and getting better....Also hit uppermainline, rambler, locomotion, boiler maker, fellowship ring, westside to sidewinder to winding woods to holy ghost...despite all the rain it was more dry then the last time we rode it.....this place should be on your list if you come to VT to ride. Disclaimer. I am on the board at Millstone.

bvibert

Staff member
More video please. ;)

That place sounds, and looks pretty cool. I read an article about it in a MTB magazine earlier this year. One of these days when I pull off a VT MTB trip that place is on my list.

Trev

Man, awesome looking!

My daughter lives in the area, Berlin VT, so, I need to add a day to one of my visits :)

Greg

Staff member
Wouldn't call that "weak" trials. Dayum! And 18-20 miles in 3 hours is ludicrous speed. :-o The rest of us mere mortals will just always suck... :roll: :lol:

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Wouldn't call that "weak" trials. Dayum! And 18-20 miles in 3 hours is ludicrous speed. :-o The rest of us mere mortals will just always suck... :roll: :lol:

The trails have good flow so the milage adds up quick....just a guess on the milage. My trials skills are weak...for a trials rider. As a pure XC mtber at heart, they are OK enough to be applicable on the trails. So much potential for that kind of thing at Millstone, I wish I was better at it. I keep meaning to get more video, but we end up never stopping. The great thing about millstone is as soon as you leave to car you are riding nice singletrack...and you continue to do so the whole time. No road climbs, you're just in the woods gobbling trail...and there's a bunch of it. Also, it is not a gnarly as some other areas as far as climbing goes. Waterbury, waitsfield, Stowe all have some big ups, Millstone is more gradual topography and it lends itself to nice meandering singletrack climbs....Rambler is a real nice climb....then right on ridge runner, left on vast, left on boulerdash is a nice climb...then you hit locomotion out to the boiler and it's some really nice flowy, undulating maple woods....like a pump track.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
I'd be happy to show you guys around. The list I think would be Waitsfield (stay there at the BB and get tours of that area by the owner) Then ride Millstone, Waterbury, Stowe, and Hinesburg if time.
Another great trip would be Kingdom trails, plus bust out and ride in Montgomery one day, and maybe southern Quebec to see what Big J has been up to. Another great trip would be Champlain Valley. Ride some Fellowship of the wheel stuff like Hinesburg, ride the new scene in pittsfielld, Pine Hill Park in Rutland, you could also do killington for a day...There is so much riding popping up in VT in the last few seasons. I have a hard time hitting all the spots every year. I have not been to Pittsfield yet. I have not been to Pine Hill yet...So many singletracks, so little summer....