• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Missing Skier at Solitude Results in Overnight SAR Activity

MidnightJester

Here's to hoping he comes out as well as this Skier did in Lake Tahoe this weekend after getting lost going over a ridgeline at Alpine Meadows. They commend the skiier for deciding to walk back up his ski track line to try and make it back before they found him. Saying going downhill more in that area would of been a way worse recovery

KustyTheKlown

yikes, thats been updated to found dead.

inbounds, 37, tree skiing, alone. that hits home a lil not gonna lie

4aprice

Sensation is off the Sunrise triple and has a pretty steep headwall on it. Not sure what cluster of trees he was skiing but they would be pretty tight in that area. Wonder if he may have slid off the slope and into the woods

NYDB

damn. Found in the woods off a blue trail. Tree accident? I think they initially thought he went hiking off the top of the sunrise lift

2Planker

Video added

Been there. done that. Always sucks But glad it's over
Thoughts to his family.

Here in NH we've had 5 fatalities so far this year. Picture takers, under prepared hikers, ect...

This article is from Sept and we've had 2 more recently (Vanderbilt 21yo student, guy last weekend fell 150 feet while taking a picture of his wife)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...mbing-hiking-accidents-new-hampshire-n1241373

Last edited:

4aprice

damn. Found in the woods off a blue trail. Tree accident? I think they initially thought he went hiking off the top of the sunrise lift
I remember that trail so well because last March I did a day at "Soli" that forced us to ski the lower lifts (Sunrise, Apex and Moonbeam) and we spent a lot of time over off Sunrise. I'm tellling you that drop on Sensation is one where you get to the top of it and say "OOH". It was a little slick that day I skied it so I can see how someone could wipe and slide off the side.