• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLB Postseason Thread

FRITOLAYGUY

Actually, no, not at all. A-Rod was a gold-glove caliber SS (a real one, not a fake one like Jeter...And I am a Yanks fan). Don't think you can find many people who would say that five years ago A-Rod wasn't the better SS. I think he'd still be a better SS than Jeter. As far as third base goes, except for last year, A-Rod has been an above-average third basemen, so I'm not sure what you're talking about, either. I think you're just part of the ridiculous "hate A-Rod" club. I will never understand Sox fans' special vitriol for A-Rod, when it was Sox management's fault for screwing up the deal that would have landed A-Rod in Boston.

As a sox fan i was all for that at the time but that might have been the best thing that never happened for our team, im not sure we would have been in the position we are in if that deal ever went thru.

2knees

U couldnt name 5 that are playing today. I hate the yankees and i picked him, he will get that opposite field hit more often than not. Who are u gonna give me Ortiz then what?

actually i can name 5. and not by "gut feeling" but by stats in the clutch. check baseball reference. i love baseball stats so i just poke around in there sometimes.

Albert Pujols
Justin Morneau
Josh Hamilton
Kevin Youkilis
Lance Berkman.

Jeter was good in the clutch this year though. much better then i realized.

FRITOLAYGUY

actually i can name 5. and not by "gut feeling" but by stats in the clutch. check baseball reference. i love baseball stats so i just poke around in there sometimes.

Albert Pujols
Justin Morneau
Josh Hamilton
Kevin Youkilis
Lance Berkman.

Jeter was good in the clutch this year though. much better then i realized.

Knees those are all good players however i was saying in a playoff game when u need a big hit are you seriously telling me you would trust all of those 5 you listed over jeter in a big spot, im talking playoffs now not regular season? I like youk but cmon we have no idea how hamilton would be in a big spot or berkman, morneau

i cannot root for them, philly fans are degenerates especially in football, i want to see them suffer more

:puke::puke::evil::evil::evil::puke::puke:

Phillies fans get to ski at steezy places like Blue mountain..what local resorts do you have in Florida????:razz::razz:

FRITOLAYGUY

:puke::puke::evil::evil::evil::puke::puke:

Phillies fans get to ski at steezy places like Blue mountain..what local resorts do you have in Florida????:razz::razz:

blizzard beach, i had enough of the snow steez i wanted one winter without dealing with it but still flying around the country on the orlandoskiclub.com to have some steezy skiing without shoveling it holla

blizzard beach, i had enough of the snow steez i wanted one winter without dealing with it but still flying around the country on the orlandoskiclub.com to have some steezy skiing without shoveling it holla

Orlando Ski club..for real..lol..wow..anyway say hi to Mickey Mouse and the Backstreet Boys for me..

2knees

Ya for real they got a trip a week all over, even to your fav place JH.. Nsync lives here not backstreet steez

new kids on the block had a house in dorchester one block down from my girlfriend (now wife).

the connection to this thread? I have no idea other than then they all suck. except my wife, she wont suck anymore.

FRITOLAYGUY

new kids on the block had a house in dorchester one block down from my girlfriend (now wife).

the connection to this thread? I have no idea other than then they all suck. except my wife, she wont suck anymore.

Ummm i have a saying for this , silence is fu#%ing golden

2knees

Knees those are all good players however i was saying in a playoff game when u need a big hit are you seriously telling me you would trust all of those 5 you listed over jeter in a big spot, im talking playoffs now not regular season? I like youk but cmon we have no idea how hamilton would be in a big spot or berkman, morneau

Playoffs or regular season, I just dont think jeter is in that category anymore. I can not admit that jeter is a great player anymore. i'm not sure he ever was. Jeterian is a term that gives me seizures.

FRITOLAYGUY

Playoffs or regular season, I just dont think jeter is in that category anymore. I can not admit that jeter is a great player anymore. i'm not sure he ever was. Jeterian is a term that gives me seizures.

One play in particular sticks in my mind that he made that makes him a great player, it was july 4th weekend a few yrs ago the yanks and sox were in extra innings, he made that catch diving in the stands where he got all cut up and what not, ya a-hole was just standing there he sure as hell wasnt diving in the stands risking getting his purple lips dirty. Thats what makes him great, he goes the extra mile.

Rushski

Just glad The Yanks aren't there, The Dodgers lost their first, The upstart Rays stayed strong and of course The Sox have a great chance...