• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

mogul skis

mishka

MR-110 MMW same one you tried last year.
MR-100 this is new design build. Basically smaller version of MR110 lighter and possibly stiffer. More carbon fiber. As far core construction I use popular and Maple this time compared to Maple and basswood in 110's
all my skis built the same except Mr86 which as a first pair I build don't have carbon fiber in the layup. Up until now I used IPE sidewall. now when I have black Locust ALL wood use to make up core is locally growing and milled. Now I have hard Maple, Birch, popular and black Locust for core construction. I choose this wood for if properties being hard and flexible for it weight. In addition black Locust is waterproof great product for sidewall. For example Maple and black Locust one of the choices of wood to make long bow.
try-axial fiberglass, ski specific epoxy ( environmentally save, by the way, with zero petroleum in US made) heat cure in 30 min.

All skis I build this year

2014_zps901aefa5.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Are the skis all the way to the left the MR86? Interesting to see a ski in that size with a "spoon" shape tip area that is more common in a powder style ski.

mishka

those for friend of mine the hunter iirc more pictures of it the skis "my new skis" thread under gear

Last edited:

mishka

What's the 2014/15 MR86/MR110 look like??? We need details and maybe a demo day.

here new looks for MR-86

everyday when I'll go skiing can be domo day. when season begins I'll start posting in event section.

Now need to determine stiffness. Previously was suggested to have tales stiffer but how about overall stiffness

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 23