• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Tremblant, Quebec is where it's at right now.

colinuberalles

I've been to Killington, Loon, and friends have been to Cannon so far this season... Over New Years we were at Tremblant for the first time, and if you can handle the cold a bit, the snow they have is worth it. That mountain may be my favorite in the East because of how it's set up.

tnt1234

Very fun mountain for sure. Looks like they are having a great season so far. Was just looking at flights for the heck of it.

Shame about the beer choices in the village though.

colinuberalles

Seriously! Anheuser-Busch has that place on lockdown. But, a couple bars have a beer called Mad & Noisy as an alternative which was new to me, and given the lack of options, the best one. It was similar to a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Edd

Seriously! Anheuser-Busch has that place on lockdown.

I've found Canada, east and west, to be a bit of a bum out when it comes to beer but that's a depressing sentence to read. Looks like a week of Jameson and gingers whenever I make it up there.

Tin

Are they still on vacation? I hope so or else this is nuts for a 6" Wednesday storm.
34_sec_pset_6_586D232A-03.jpg

tnt1234

Oh my....Sure hope they are still on vacation! Or maybe the lift is down???

Yikes. Place has a ton of lifts too.

dlague

I've found Canada, east and west, to be a bit of a bum out when it comes to beer but that's a depressing sentence to read. Looks like a week of Jameson and gingers whenever I make it up there.
+1 while in Banff it was all the same to me. Had to go to a specialty store to find something more hoppy and paid up the #$%. Restaurants - for get it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

Are they still on vacation? I hope so or else this is nuts for a 6" Wednesday storm.
34_sec_pset_6_586D232A-03.jpg

Tin, where'd you pull this pic? Is this actually the backside, or was that a joke? Tremblant is on the table for me next week.

Tin

Tin, where'd you pull this pic? Is this actually the backside, or was that a joke? Tremblant is on the table for me next week.

I had never looked at the place and did after this thread. Was on their site checking maps and such and then saw that. Posted it right after I saw it because I couldn't believe it and thought they might still be on vacation up there.

Edd

There were Canadians at Sunday River today which led me to believe that they are on vacation but Google only shows Jan 1st as a holiday. Maybe they stretch it out. Not a great idea to put that horror show pic on your website.

tnt1234

They have a few web cams.

That is in fact the back side of the mountain - Nord Side I think.... That lift services the lower 2/3's of that face and some of the most popular steep runs - the lift line trail there, and a few that run parallel including 'Dynamite'.

(Quick side story on Dynamite....was there for two days last year. A sign half way down dynamite was posted...."Skiing Not Recommended Past this Point." Wha.....? It did get really gnarly, but 'skiing not recommend'? What IS recommended then? I mean, it was half way down the trail! Couldn't stop now! Maybe is was a translation thing...)

There is a nice tree shot off that lift on the skiers right and a fun slow angle bump run off skiers left.

To the looker's left of that lift is a chair that takes ou back to the summit. Tremblant is cool - Four of the five skiing pods all share the same summit more or less, so you can easily meet the family and the top, then everyone go their own way, meet back up at the top and repeat.... Anyway, that chair that goes to the summit...right off that is a super fun trail called CBC. If you go and the snow is good, that's a must do - narrow winding thing. Looked like there were some tree shots just off it, but be careful, looks like you can slide off the side of the mountain. I didn't explore those.

There are tons of marked glades there too - some good, some great. Off the 'edge' lift there is Sensation which is really good, and a steeper shot on skiers right off that lift...forget the name, but its good. But you have run out to lap the edge lift....

End the day with a long run down the Ryan trail - narrow bumped up shot straight down to the villiage. Super good with snow.

I really like the mountain. It's big, but not huge, and when there is snow, the trails are very well done.

I've been there twice - once with great snow for four days with family, once for two days with a buddy, one good day, one complete wreckk frozen disaster.

If you like beer, take the warning seriously. Most of the bars sell this thing called Rickards - the lager, a red and maybe a light? I forget, but there were always three choices, and all three tasted exactly the same. Some places they had Stella, and one had Guiness. The brew pub is nice enough and the beer is better than Rickards, but pretty bland. check customs - I think you are allowed one case per car - if you enjoy beer after skiing, I suggest you do that.

Zermatt

Assuming they stay on the max pass thinking about Tremblant next Christmas vacation. Fun mountain, great atmosphere. Went there for a Long weekend in high school. 10 seniors, -30°, good times.

Edd

Arrived at Tremblant early this evening. I tried Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale. My God, it's 100% a lager, obviously. Looks and tastes like it. Canada has an urgent beer crisis. All of their resources should be thrown at this issue.

Last edited:

tnt1234

Arrived at Tremblant early this evening. I tried Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale. My God, it's 100% a lager, obviously. Looks and tastes like it. Canada has an urgent beer crisis. All of their resources should be thrown at this issue.

You were warned.

Looking forward to the ski report!

Edd

Yeah. Going to be an interesting day. Zero wind, as far as I can tell.