• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

More Gore 2/8&9

twinplanx

DATE SKIED: Sat 2/8-9

RESORT/AREA: Gore via Lake George

CONDITIONS: Powder/Packed Powder/Random Hardpack

TRIP REPORT: First run just before 11am :dunce: around Chatiemac on mission to show Anthony(WhadayaMeanGlade?) to Cave Glades. Bear in mind Anthony has been going to Gore for six years. After a few warm -up runs Anthony says "Where's this Cave Glade." Midway through the quick skate/sidestep/herringbone up he's gripping "Careful what u wish 4". But after telling him the worst is over he's all about it, like a kid in a candy store make that two kids in a fluffy 4-6 inches of tracked up pow lines. It is short but sweet. After that this guy will follow me just about anywhere so we make our way over to the High Peaks chair via Wood In, a flat trial to a double chair. Skied all day with no map and not really paying much attention to trail names. Really just a matter of "This blue or that black?" I do believe the only real ice we encountered all weekend was in the High Peaks Area. Steilhang / Hullabaloo? Last run through twister woods to new cut trail for next year.:-o This wasn't going to be my last run but choose to end it on a good note. Flashbacks of the "new cuts" at Jackson Gore from 3-4 yrs ago:daffy: After that hit the bar for a few before heading back to Lake George. The so called resort at the Georgian. Food was served and it was good. Another late night and lack of sleep is not my ideal formula for a great ski day.

Sunday's first run also around 11am:oops: There where a few warm ups a request to revisit the Cave Glades and a new discovery (for me anyway) of the Chatiemac Glades. When a random guy on the trail at the approach says "Thats the best run on the Mountain." you just gota feel good about it. And it was pretty awesome. Actually the whole weekend was pretty awesome. It snowed a bit while we where there. A heavy wet sort of snow but snow none the less. And they where blowing snow in the High Peaks Area on Sunday. There is a big difference in snow depth. While the Lake George area had some snow (more than Albany) the 'Dacks had some more. Wrapped up with some more chow at the "resort" and made the long journey home.:beer:

Hopefully this week delivers the goods and next is looking to be in better shape

wintersyndrome

Cool Report, glad to hear about the weekend

but there's nothing in there about scoring a free lift ticket to sugarbush and startling your brother out of bed to tell him the good news..:smile:

twinplanx

Yeah...thats the short version:p maybe I should have texted him at that time of night

Last edited: