• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow- 12/12/14

catsup948

Mount Snow
12/12/14
Dust on crust, machine groomed, packed powder, hidden ice

Mount Snow skied awfully well today. Totally got my $12 worth. We got out pretty quickly by grabbing our tickets at the ski school desk, ticket lines were insanely long. We geared up fast and hopped on the Bluebird, waited a couple minutes. From the summit we lapped the North Face as we always do. Freefall was a ton of fun especially on the sides. The trees next to Freefall were good too. Challenger was very fun early with nice soft bumps. Lift lines on the Challenger lift started to get very long by 11. 15 minutes probably. We did ten runs on the North Face and skied down to the base. Lines for both the Bluebird and the Summit Express were out of control so we decided to go home. All in all beside being totally crowded the skiing was excellent. 1.20 a run is fine by me!

Savemeasammy

You must have hit the base at just the wrong time... We waited in an outrageous line from 10:30-11 for the Bluebird. By the time we got back down, the queue for the gse, which had been building prior to loading, was mostly alleviated. We waited maybe 5 or 10 minutes for it, and it was shorter the rest of the day (most people were content to wait for the bb).

I agree that the skiing was really good. My 7 year old and I did a few runs off the beginner triple between the main mt and Carinthia. It was more entertaining than I would have thought, and there was a fun little glade on lookers left of the chair. The run directly under the chair at the bottom was pretty dangerous. PP covering a thick layer of icy crust. People were crashing left and right. Hopefully they get it tilled up and groomed properly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

You must have hit the base at just the wrong time... We waited in an outrageous line from 10:30-11 for the Bluebird. By the time we got back down, the queue for the gse, which had been building prior to loading, was mostly alleviated. We waited maybe 5 or 10 minutes for it, and it was shorter the rest of the day (most people were content to wait for the bb).

I agree that the skiing was really good. My 7 year old and I did a few runs off the beginner triple between the main mt and Carinthia. It was more entertaining than I would have thought, and there was a fun little glade on lookers left of the chair. The run directly under the chair at the bottom was pretty dangerous. PP covering a thick layer of icy crust. People were crashing left and right. Hopefully they get it tilled up and groomed properly...

You should have just lapped Rip cord so he doesn't fear Magic.

Savemeasammy

Wrong kid. David loves magic. He wanted to ski Red Line.

drjeff

To put it in perspective how thick the crust is (read as PERFECT base snow) when I arrived Friday night and went to shovel off my back deck so I could get to my grill, #1 I thought I was going to break my steel tip blade shovel trying to break through it and #2 the crust fully supported my 230lb frame in my sneakers without breaking! That crust on top of a solid foot of snow underneath it has the trees and most natural trails fully in play at Mount Snow now! :)