• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 12/17/2023 - foggy day

Euler

Resort or Ski Area
Mount Snow
Date
Dec 17, 2023
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
Skied from 8-11:30 this morning. Almost didn’t go because of the fog, but I’m glad I did. Several folks I rode lifts with remarked on the good coverage for early season. Fog was heavy, but manageable. Free fall was run of the day, Cascade Lodge, and Ridge were also fine.

Poor move on the resort’s part by starting paid parking this weekend but not having any shuttle buses to the poor people lots running.

I worry about the trail crossover where Long John crosses under the new Sundance lift. When there was a lift terminal right there it seemed to slow traffic down a bit. Yesterday and today it was nerve wracking getting through that intersection.

Glad to be skiing again!

Heartful.zzz

That sounds like a rad skiing adventure, dude! Gotta love those early season conditions. The fog may have been a bummer, but you handled it like a pro. And yeah, paying for parking without shuttle buses is a total fail on the resort's part. Safety first, man! That trail crossover sounds sketchy, though. Stay alert and keep shredding those slopes. Ski on! 🎿

reefer

Had a great day there Friday thank goodness. I probably can't get out this week to check the carnage. Hoping for the best. The snowmaking trails were deep though.
The top of Little John intersects with top of Sundance lift. Hoping most novices will take a left off the lift on to Long John. I definitely noticed that if you are not paying attention coming down into Little John off the lift that it can be an adventure. Otherwise, being a weekday guy, very happy to see the new Sundance from the base to where I can go anywhere quickly. Might be a good parking option.