• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 2/19

Euler

Spent a magnificent 2 hours sampling the sweet tree skiing at mt. Snow. Found lots of tracked out glades, and lots of areas with good sections of shin deep powder. We hit up the trees between ridge and uncles, the area skiers left of Olympic and the area skiers left of one more time. All were superb! In the boonies, I was surprised to find myself on a mt. Bike path when out of nowhere arose a cool wooden bridge feature to cross on skis...wicked fun! It's full on, deep winter now...this short torch will have minimal impact on base depths,...we'll just need to wait after Monday for either more fresh snow, or more warner temps...

skifree

I hit a wooden mt bike feature last Friday at mt snow.it was more of a ramp. surprised the crap out of me.
fun though

Glenn

Awesome. Sounds like the woods will deliver over the next few days.

drjeff

If you like the one's in the Boonies, check out the mtb trail to skiers left of Overbrook down near where the "ravine" section begins! That's a fun one that winds in between Overbrook and Snowdance with a couple of bridges.

Having an 8yr old kid who skis plenty of the mtb trails and other fun little "secret trails" as he refers to them in his lesson group has shown me, even after having been a Mount Snow skier for over a quarter century some new little places to make some turns on the mountain on a regular basis! Especially now with the GREAT snowpack!!

I will admit though today that it's tough to be at work, while my wife and kids are at Mount Snow, and the pictures of trails that my wife keeps texting me today aren't helping either!! :lol:

sankaty

Love the woods at both Mount Snow and Stratton. It adds a lot of interest to mountains that aren't super challenging relative to northern VT. Also, it seems their woods are skiable with significantly less snow than their bigger brothers up north. Mount Snow woods were fantastic on 2/14.