• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Sunapee 2008-04-03

WoodCore

Date(s) Skied: Thursday April 3, 2008

Ski Area: Mount Sunapee - Newbury, NH

Conditions: Machine groomed wet granular and some nice corn snow later on on the afternoon where it hadn't been groomed.

Trip Report:

Seeing as I was already going to be in the general area on business today I decided to play hooky from work for a few hours this afternoon. I packed up the gear last night and got an early start this morning so that I was able to take care of my work obligations and still be able to enjoy a few hours out on the slopes in the glorious spring weather.

I arrived in the mostly full main parking lot at around 12:30 and promptly booted up and cashed in the free ticket voucher my Brother was kind enough to pass along. Proceeded over to the North Peak Triple to be greeted by the usual super friendly lift operator. Although I can't remember his name, I do remember enjoying his chair loading banter in the past and did today as well. "Got chair 142 coming round for ya this afternoon, enjoy your ride!"

With the friendly send off on my inaugural lift ride I proceeded to ski all over the mountain enjoying the great weather and conditions. With the deep snow pack on the mountain and the warm spring sun softening up the un-groomed terrain I had a chance to explore some areas of Sunapee that where inaccessible in my previous visits.

Skied from about 12:45pm until 3pm and managed a healthy 12,000 feet of vertical. I was amazed how many people where actually out on the hill. Even though there where no lines at the lifts, there where very few empty chairs going up the line.

Here's some pictures. Enjoy! :D

Looking out over Lake Sunapee

2008-04-030022.jpg

Upper Wingding

2008-04-030009.jpg

Bumps on Upper Flying Goose

2008-04-030005.jpg

Cool Rock on Williamson Trail

2008-04-030021.jpg

Elliot Slope

2008-04-030024.jpg

Ridge Glades