• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG Opens Monday!

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nice I can't go without my winning tickets that never came.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Not sure what happened there Scotty ... keep your eyes peeled. If they end up back here from the return address I will put them out again .... let me know if you don't get them by say middle of next week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Not sure what happened there Scotty ... keep your eyes peeled. If they end up back here from the return address I will put them out again .... let me know if you don't get them by say middle of next week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Okay, if you get them could let me know,.

bdfreetuna

They said on Facebook they will be opening with nearly 100% terrain.

I suspect they are gonna have trouble opening the lower part of the trail under the single chair (with the cliff). Fall Line and Paradise to be open already?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
It isn't unusual for MRG to open 100% in December after a good storm. There is a pussy path around the tower ten cliff which is the only part of Liftline that wouldn't fill in well yet. Upper mountain has been picking up snow here and there for a while now so no surprise that Fall Line and Paradise would be good to go. I imagine Partridge and Lynx will be closed as those trails aren't manicured like most of MRG's other trails. Waterfall and One Way may be suspect as well being at lower elevation. It doesn't take much to make Mad River ski well.

I'll probably be there Monday but I am not expecting much untracked. Uphill traffic today and tomorrow should track up enough so that it is first chair or bust on even partial untracked patches.

For those thinking about it... GO! MRG without the bumps is sublime. Probably won't even be a line at the Single all day... the week before Christmas is the biggest sleeper week of the year.

WWF-VT

I just finished the day at Mt Ellen and it's very likely that MRG will be close to 100% on Monday. Almost all natural snow trails are open at Mt Ellen, there's a great base up high and it's been dumping here all day. Exterminator was the place to be this AM

bdfreetuna

I just finished the day at Mt Ellen and it's very likely that MRG will be close to 100% on Monday. Almost all natural snow trails are open at Mt Ellen, there's a great base up high and it's been dumping here all day. Exterminator was the place to be this AM

Good to hear, I'm going to Mt. Ellen tomorrow!

Is Upper FIS open? Are the woods pretty skiable?

bdfreetuna

FIS and Black Diamond were both open today with "thin cover" signs.

From what I saw today at Ellen, MADRIVERGLEN is going to be siiiiick tomorrow. So jealous of anyone who gets first tracks on that whole mountain. The woods are actually pretty deep and totally soft up there. It's going to be an amazing opening day.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I can confirm it was quite nice. Everything on map was open. EF Santa skied down below the lifts ho ho ho'ing... quite a nice touch and shows just how family friendly the place is. Still finding the occasional untracked pocket at 12pm but after two days of hard charging, I left soon after as I didn't have anything left. No crowds, no waiting. Where was everyone that complains about long lines on powder days today? Hmmm... MRG will be skiing nicely all week, get after it, folks!