• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Snow 1/12, Killington 1/13,14

JimG.

Staff member
Hit Mt. Snow on Saturday with my youngest son's high school ski club. Got to ride the ski club bus, first time taking a bus skiing since high school. Forgot how much I hate 6 hour round trip bus rides but had a great time with the group, a bunch of good kids having fun times. Snow was a total zoo as usual, we parked at Sundance and had to fight through the masses waiting for the Bluebird and GSX. My son James and I bagged that and took the almost empty Canyon Express and then straight over to the North Face for 4 ski on laps over there before the crowds figured things out. Soon the bitter cold took over and people went inside so we had not too bad lines to deal with on the Bluebird the rest of the day. Snow was decent, natural trails and trees were a bit bony but skiable.

Sunday and Monday at K were great. Lower mountain trails and trees were a bit bony, but upper mountain areas had more snow and skied great. Pics are worth a thousand words, here are some of the trees of the weekend:
114191.jpg
114192.jpg
Looking forward to the weekend storm, it would be just what the doctor ordered to freshen everything up.

mfi

Seems like Mt Snow has become a zoo..too bad..the wife likes it there. Haven't been in years.

drjeff

Seems like Mt Snow has become a zoo..too bad..the wife likes it there. Haven't been in years.
My anecdotal observation having skied there most weekends for the past roughly 15 seasons, is this year the "average" weekend crowds are up a good 10% - lots of Peak passes. Lots of day tickets as well

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

catskillman

Heard they stopped selling lift tickets at 12,000 on Saturday. Can that possibly be true?? and that would not include passholders etc....... where do that many people park??

drjeff

Heard they stopped selling lift tickets at 12,000 on Saturday. Can that possibly be true?? and that would not include passholders etc....... where do that many people park??
Nope! The Saturday after x-mas, when the weather was good, per a friend of mine who at his condo's annual meeting a few days later when Mount Snow's GM addressed their association, they had 13500 distinct ticket scans on the hill that day!! I believe it, as I decided I was done with the chaos about 10:45, and then after lunch with my kids, retreated to the bar about noon with my wife....

And per the GM, they won't limit ticket sales, ever!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app