• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 20-21 Intel

jaytrem

Well there goes any chance of the Aircar coming back. ;-)

Whitey

Rumor for a few years was that they were looking at having to do a complete top to bottom gut and redo if not knock it down and rebuild the entire place if they wanted to keep Snow Lake Lodge in their short term lodging pool for guests.

It definitely is showing its 60ish or so years of age
That rumor would be accurate. They are addressing 2 problems with this move - what to do with Snow Lake Lodge and add'l employee housing. It would need a lot of fixing up if you were going to charge customers to stay there (or at least have a place that people would be willing to pay to stay at). As 100% employee housing and being a little run down, it will be interesting to see if this place turns into a co-ed version of the Delta house from "Animal House" this winter. . .

FBGM

Snow Lake Lodge is borderline a condemned dump. Good thing the international works don’t care. Standard Vail move

drjeff

If anyone is interested, tickets for their 1 day, Labor Day Weekend (Saturday of Labor Day Weekend) smaller in size than previous versions, limited ticketed Brewfest went on sale this morning.. 🍻

drjeff

Parking Plan For Winter 2021-22
As part of our ongoing effort to improve the guest experience at Mount Snow Resort, we are implementing a new parking plan for the 2021-22 winter season.
Premium parking for a daily fee of $15 weekdays and $30 weekends and holiday periods will be available in Lot A and Upper Carinthia. On weekends and holiday periods, Lot B, Lot C, Sundance, and Lower Carinthia will also be paid parking at a rate of $15. Lot D, Lot E, and the Tiered Lots—which comprise nearly half of the resort’s total parking—will remain free daily, and all lots will be free after 1 p.m. throughout the season. Payment will be handled electronically through an application accessible via smartphone.
These changes will alleviate congestion to help ensure faster, more efficient parking for all our valued guests, especially at our busiest times.

zyk

So I don't have a smartphone (this is a real thing). Does that mean its free? Granted if I won't buy a phone I probably won't pay for parking anyway, but its a valid question.

Smellytele

“These changes will alleviate congestion to help ensure faster, more efficient parking for all our valued guests, especially at our busiest times.”

How does ease congestion?

icecoast1

“These changes will alleviate congestion to help ensure faster, more efficient parking for all our valued guests, especially at our busiest times.”

I laughed when I read that. Unless they think they're going to piss enough people off and stop them from showing up

slatham

I think the logic is rather than EVERYONE trying to get to, say Lot A, to find parking, only those with a paid reservation will, hence less people going to A.

The part I don't buy is the overused, slap in your face "As part of our ongoing effort to improve the guest experience at Mount Snow Resort". Improving guess experience isn't supposed to cost you more.

Sad thing is Mt Snow is simply off my radar again this season, and I don't really see that changing any time soon. I like the mountain and have great memories of Presidents weeks there with multiple families and friends. But I'm not Epic and I highly doubt I'm going to pay for a single day, even if discounted online days prior.

It's dividing the skiing community just like political parties. Epic, Ikon, Indy or OYO.

FBGM

I wonder what level of enforcement they will have for it.
If it was anything like Solitude paid parking, minimal. I refused to pay every time and never got a ticket or boot. I’d do the same at Mount Snow, just park and tell them to shove it.

I’m also waiting for the day I get to cut a boot off my truck. Miller/Bobcat welder/generator is in the back most times with my tools. Hit that boot with the cut off wheel and see what happens

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Sad thing is Mt Snow is simply off my radar again this season, and I don't really see that changing any time soon. I like the mountain and have great memories of Presidents weeks there with multiple families and friends. But I'm not Epic and I highly doubt I'm going to pay for a single day, even if discounted online days prior.

Agreed. People love to shit on Mount Snow but there terrain is MILES ahead of Stratton, Okemo, and Bromley in my book. Plenty of ungroomed and funky terrain. Cashed in many many fun "SoVt Special" snowstorms there. Deals were easy to find and even the "plebian" online rate was very cheap til Vail took over. 2hr 50m to Snow or 3hr 20m to Killington used to be a question worth asking if Mount Snow had been getting the goods (usually in a southern snow cycle and because Mount Snow was much cheaper than K).

Those were the days.... I still remember skiing there 2 weeks after "4ft in 5 days" in late February 2010. Still probably the most snow I've ever seen in the East. There was snow piled up the the second floor of the Snow Lake Lodge. Stop signs on the roads that had been unburied so people could see them.